ARB drawer install questions (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CSteppe82

Legalize Cannabis
SILVER Star
Threads
These drawers are a pain in the ass to install. I have the 200 specific instructions.

I am a little confused how the mounting plates work ?

And

Should I have more than one mending plate to connect the drawers ?

I feel like there should be two mending plates. One for each track/brace ?
919E29F8-619A-4283-AA8D-091175C4833A.jpeg

Did you buy them new?

Should have two short joiner channels, one to join each pair of hats.

The front hats bolt to the front 3rd row seat floor anchors. The rear hats bolt to the side floor anchors where the seats pivot from when folding. I believe this is different than how they attach to the 100 series.

I used these instructions, but it's pretty intuitive once you get into it. Page 13 shows the mounting location for the 200 series.

Did you buy them new?

Should have two short joiner channels, one to join each pair of hats.

The front hats bolt to the front 3rd row seat floor anchors. The rear hats bolt to the side floor anchors where the seats pivot from when folding. I believe this is different than how they attach to the 100 series.

I used these instructions, but it's pretty intuitive once you get into it. Page 13 shows the mounting location for the 200 series.
I bought them new. I only received one mending plate. I guess it was left out of the box.

I have already looked over the instructions you posted . I don’t know why I am struggling with these. Haha

ARB must have updated the design since I bought mine. My joiner channels are much shorter, maybe 6" and do not bolt to the hats (called floor support channels in the instructions you have pictured). On the design I have, you loosen the hats from the drawer slightly, tap the joiner channels in place then tighten the hats. It's just compression / interference fit that keeps the joiner channels in place.

It would seem that based on the instructions and the parts you have that only one joiner channel is required.

Any tips on where and how to mount spacer blocks ?

When they say under hat section ? I’m assuming the mounting bolt goes through the hole in the block ?
7DE7D101-E821-4B5D-B62B-CCB5B5F1EDD9.jpeg

There is only 1 mending plate and it goes toward the front of the vehicle. You would think there would be 2 but no..

Sounds like you figured it out.. there is room for improvement in the directions.

There is only 1 mending plate and it goes toward the front of the vehicle. You would think there would be 2 but no..

Sounds like you figured it out.. there is room for improvement in the directions.

Do the instructions say the mending plate goes in the front hats? I believe you, it just seems more logical to put it in the rear hats as the bolts that attach the drawers to the floor are spread further apart in the rear. The front mounting bolts are spaced fairly evenly side to side. I must have an older design as I have two shorter plates, one for the front and one for the rear.

Do the instructions say the mending plate goes in the front hats? I believe you, it just seems more logical to put it in the rear hats as the bolts that attach the drawers to the floor are spread further apart in the rear. The front mounting bolts are spaced fairly evenly side to side. I must have an older design as I have two shorter plates, one for the front and one for the rear.

good point they go in the rear hat.

direction do not say but you can see the rear hat in the pic.

front-hat.JPG

He mentions two mending plates in the video. He never shows installing two? It looks like there are two mending plates sitting on the frame of his drawers? Maybe

Also, it came with two different type square mounting plates. One is bare metal. The other is the same size but has a rubber pad on one side ?

Which one should I be using ?

He mentions two mending plates in the video. He never shows installing two? It looks like there are two mending plates sitting on the frame of his drawers? Maybe

Also, it came with two different type square mounting plates. One is bare metal. The other is the same size but has a rubber pad on one side ?

Which one should I be using ?

The design that I have has two mending plates (joiner channels) about 6" each. These are meant to be installed by tapping with a hammer and then held in place by tightening the hats to the drawers. This is what you are seeing in the installation guide and probably the video as well. This could be the older design?

I have not seen an installation guide or video of the design that uses a single long mending plate (but I haven't really looked). This could be the updated newer design? If I could not find proper instructions for this design I would be inclined to put the single mending plate in the rear hats for the reason I stated above.

Each of the 4 mounting points to the vehicle floor uses two of the rectangular "washers". I believe the bare metal one goes on top (near the bolt head) and the one with the rubber pad goes on bottom against the drawer hat (with the rubber down). At least that's the way I have it.

I have it the same .. metal against the bolt head, the one with the pad .. and the other pad or foot on the bottom to level it with the tail gate. I think I used 2 pads attached together.

I attached the draws together with the mending plate and then lifted them both together into the vehicle and leveled it out with the pads.

but you can attach them in the vehicle.

I have taken mine out at least 2 times to run wires and add other stuff. Like when I added the rear bumper I had to take them back out.

Last edited:
Back at it again

These plastic blocks ( leveling blocks ) go under the cap racks , right ?

They won’t fit under the hat rack closest to the back seat because of the plastic hvac ducting in the floor ?
60978771-0EF8-4CF2-926E-CEF07855B1F9.jpeg
BBD34DF3-7176-40CB-A986-8FCBEB450CAC.jpeg

You need to dremel out a small relief (not too much) so the spacer will fit.

1644951576321.png

Did you all drill your own holes in the hat racks ? I was trying to use existing holes

You need to dremel out a small relief (not too much) so the spacer will fit.

View attachment 2925758

HaHa. Thanks. 😡

I think I need to regroup. Not sure I have a dremel . Do I really need drawers ? HaHa. I park on the street and don’t really have anywhere to work on it which makes it even harder.

Will the outlet in the back power a dremel ?

You may be able to use some dikes or utility knife. Not a whole lot needs to be removed, maybe 1" x 1.5". Dremel would be cleaner but there are other ways.

Did you all drill your own holes in the hat racks ? I was trying to use existing holes

Huh? You shouldn't need to drill any new holes. Maybe a picture of what you think you have to drill would help us?

Are you sure these are the 1045 series drawers for a 80/100/200 LC? Check page 13 of the install guide I posted above. If it doesn't look like that I would make sure you have the correct drawers.

I am sure I didn't dermal, drill or cut anything. I'll see if I can get you a picture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom