ARB drawer install questions (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This is the bolt nearest the front on the passenger side box and only had to push the carpet a little to the side to install the bolt.

The bolt near the rear the draw covers it, so no picture. . It is not inline with this bolt as it is way out on the outer edge toward the OEM jack storage area. I remember the rear bolt hole was hard to figure out with the directions.

But no cutting or drilling required.

Hope that helps.

s-1045-bolt.jpg

Looks great!

No slider?

FYI the area under the fit kit on the left you can fit a full sized lithium battery if you are running a fridge, but the passenger right side is too narrow.

Also if down the road you need a single 3rd row seat you can remove 1 side and it fits.

Looks great!

No slider?

FYI the area under the fit kit on the left you can fit a full sized lithium battery if you are running a fridge, but the passenger right side is too narrow.

Also if down the road you need a single 3rd row seat you can remove 1 side and it fits.
I debated and went with the fixed top. I really just got these to keep my belongings out of sight.

Looks great, do you think you could install one half of these drawers, and also keep one rear jump seat? Has anyone tried this? I want a drawer/slide and seating for 6.

@CSteppe82 just noticed your plate/frame combo...very nice.

Looks great, do you think you could install one half of these drawers, and also keep one rear jump seat? Has anyone tried this? I want a drawer/slide and seating for 6.

I think that configuration is possible.

yes

arb drawer 3rd row kept seat up 42540D43-1E13-4E03-A8D6-6334C13FE27C.jpeg

Just noticed this thread. I have had 1 drawer and 2 and had to move them from one LC to another. You've done a good job with this one!

Someone asked about only doing one side so that you can have one of the jump seats in and the post above does a nice job of showing this with the left side jump seat. I decided to do the other side because when I am camping I prefer to use the driver side drawer for a sleeping platform and the passenger side jump seat as a sitting/living area with the 2nd row seat rolled forward. Here are some pics. You will see the sheet of fiber board that I use to cover the gap between the drawer and the folded 2nd row seat for the sleeping platform.

IMG_4230.jpeg
IMG_4232.jpeg
IMG_4233.jpeg
IMG_4239.jpeg
IMG_4236.jpeg

This is the bolt nearest the front on the passenger side box and only had to push the carpet a little to the side to install the bolt.

The bolt near the rear the draw covers it, so no picture. . It is not inline with this bolt as it is way out on the outer edge toward the OEM jack storage area. I remember the rear bolt hole was hard to figure out with the directions.

But no cutting or drilling required.

Hope that helps.

View attachment 2925874

@Fisher23 it looks like you had the 3rd row seat option. I THINK drilling is required on a 2-row model, such as my '21 HE 2-row. I tried to test fit the ARB framework but I didn't see it lining up with any existing threaded holes. :doh:

I ended up with two sets of ARB drawers. Model ( ARB RD1045 - fixed top) The second set is brand new and unopened . I will post in the classifieds this weekend with pics. Deeply discounted. Located in Denver.

Looks great!

I wonder if one of the drawers could be modified to fit my Dometic 30L drawer fridge...

@Fisher23 it looks like you had the 3rd row seat option. I THINK drilling is required on a 2-row model, such as my '21 HE 2-row. I tried to test fit the ARB framework but I didn't see it lining up with any existing threaded holes. :doh:

Yes, mine had that 3rd row seating.

The holes were here for example this would be the driver side door. The rear holes are toward the vehicle outside edge.

I remember having a difficult time finding the hole nearest the rear of the vehicle

arb-rtrd1045-drawer-bolt-holes.jpg

hows everyone feeling about their ARB drawers installed? Any annoying rattles? Thinking about doing half height roller top on one side for a fridge, regular height on the other side so it can be used as a sleeping platform.
I am OCD about noises and was worried that I might hear the drawers in the back. I have the drawers packed full and I am pleasantly surprised how quiet they are.

hows everyone feeling about their ARB drawers installed? Any annoying rattles? Thinking about doing half height roller top on one side for a fridge, regular height on the other side so it can be used as a sleeping platform.

My drawers are quiet, but I do sometimes get a higher pitched squeaking from the PS side wing cover. I filled up the cavity with stuff so the lid has something to "push" against and it seemed to eliminate the squeak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom