ARB Drawer Carpet: Where can I find it? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anybody have any idea what type of carpet ARB uses on their drawer systems? I'm building a sleeping platform and would love to try to match the two. At first, I thought it was similar to the stuff used on car speaker boxes, but none of that matches. Now I'm thinking it's some sort of marine carpet, but can't seem to find an easy match. I can't be the first to embark upon this search, so thought I'd fish for answers before I go any further down the rabbit hole.

(Photo is for reference only. Not my truck)
IMG_9150.jpg

Someone with more knowledge will chime in, but I think its marine carpet. Can probable find what your looking for on Amazon.

Anybody have any idea what type of carpet ARB uses on their drawer systems? I'm building a sleeping platform and would love to try to match the two. At first, I thought it was similar to the stuff used on car speaker boxes, but none of that matches. Now I'm thinking it's some sort of marine carpet, but can't seem to find an easy match. I can't be the first to embark upon this search, so thought I'd fish for answers before I go any further down the rabbit hole.

(Photo is for reference only. Not my truck)
IMG_9150.jpg
Please share pics /specs of your sleeping platform when done ... have drawers backordered 2 months but I too want a matching platform when they finally arrive

Still seeking a carpet that matches the ARB drawers. Tried a few different marine carpets from Amazon, but none seem to be a good match. In the meantime, here's the design.

@GoPats All 1/2" Birch ply. Bolts to the same M10-1.25 middle seat anchors. Last 12" section is a "drop leaf" that allows the driver's seat to be rolled back. With the seat run full forward, I have 80" of uninterrupted space, 28" wide. Underneath is just enough room to store bedding, clothes or other.

9B7E4691-3D2D-4345-A54F-56B5A0414AB9.jpeg
885BAF91-9F32-4227-BFB5-E4DB411F5EBD.jpeg
B7AB7884-E2BF-430F-9B23-718307AFC5F0.jpeg
782EA1C2-98EA-4F5A-B242-01CF9F94F321.jpeg
B9CF9A2B-287B-406C-9C5B-9B9F4C9B36F5.jpeg

Still seeking a carpet that matches the ARB drawers. Tried a few different marine carpets from Amazon, but none seem to be a good match. In the meantime, here's the design.

@GoPats All 1/2" Birch ply. Bolts to the same M10-1.25 middle seat anchors. Last 12" section is a "drop leaf" that allows the driver's seat to be rolled back. With the seat run full forward, I have 80" of uninterrupted space, 28" wide. Underneath is just enough room to store bedding, clothes or other.

View attachment 2760646View attachment 2760647View attachment 2760667View attachment 2760658View attachment 2760660
Cool ... I like the drop leaf idea ... I'm 6' 3" so usually have seat all the way back, but with that one can move forward to sleep and flip while driving. Can I be lazy and ask what L/W/H the box and top is? I also see the curved end to provide support for the top nearest the door - another cool feature for stability (esp. when 250 lbs on my frame ;)

Cool ... I like the drop leaf idea ... I'm 6' 3" so usually have seat all the way back, but with that one can move forward to sleep and flip while driving. Can I be lazy and ask what L/W/H the box and top is? I also see the curved end to provide support for the top nearest the door - another cool feature for stability (esp. when 250 lbs on my frame ;)
I’ll take more measurements when I’m back down in the garage, but the main deck is 27.5 by 27.5 and the drop leaf is 27.5 by 12. Total sleeping space is 80x28 when it’s fully extended. It’s comfortable for me and I’m 6’4”.

Last edited:
Hey, so I'm thinking the underside box itself ~26" x 20" x 10" (11" when 1/2" deck and bottom on it)? So, if cut right, one could do both driver and passenger sides (want to do independent so can have 1 middle seat or none) with 1 4x8 sheet. PS, managed to get 3 day delivery on a couple RDRF1045 drawers, so now I can actually build this weekend. Did you ever find a good source for the carpet?

Hey, so I'm thinking the underside box itself ~26" x 20" x 10" (11" when 1/2" deck and bottom on it)? So, if cut right, one could do both driver and passenger sides (want to do independent so can have 1 middle seat or none) with 1 4x8 sheet. PS, managed to get 3 day delivery on a couple RDRF1045 drawers, so now I can actually build this weekend. Did you ever find a good source for the carpet?
Sorry. Just realized I never got back on the base measurements. 18” wide (side to side) by 24” deep (front to back). Finally buttoned the project up this past weekend. Very happy with how it turned out.

I never did find a perfect match to the carpet, but got pretty close. In the end, I used a Metra speaker carpet and glued it down with some flooring adhesive. Then edged the whole thing with aluminum. I think it integrates pretty well.

The only issue I’d caution you against in trying to keep a middle seat open is finding a sleeping pad narrow enough not to hang over the opening. The sweet spot seems to be 25-28” wide, which would likely be too wide if you tried to keep a center seat open.

E836A996-8227-4F69-BB6B-C847D7FF35AC.jpeg
147B2428-E948-4371-B58B-0E07673A2C78.jpeg
41B7869A-0302-4385-AB35-547710537346.jpeg
E03D4F8E-BDC6-4113-851A-87BF108379FE.jpeg
E8CFFD9A-7CDD-4B54-B728-DB241DD7788C.jpeg

Last edited:
Cool. I like it. I meant option of one of the middle row seats in or both out. Is that 1/2" channel aluminum or 3/4"? I found a 4'x3' dark charcoal on amazon im going to try.

Cool. I like it. I meant option of one of the middle row seats in or both out. Is that 1/2" channel aluminum or 3/4"? I found a 4'x3' dark charcoal on amazon im going to try.
1/2" aluminum channel over 1/2' ply. The channel fits loosely over the ply, but with the added thickness of the carpet, it makes a very snug fit.

The only other carpet I saw on Amazon that looked close was this Parts Express carpet. I returned it immediately. It's more of a medium weight felt than a carpet. I didn't think it'd hold up.

Cool. I like it. I meant option of one of the middle row seats in or both out. Is that 1/2" channel aluminum or 3/4"? I found a 4'x3' dark charcoal on amazon im goiong to try.
1/2" aluminum channel over 1/2' ply. The channel fits loosely over the ply, but with the added thickness of the carpet, it makes a very snug fit.

The only other carpet I saw on Amazon that looked close was this Parts Express carpet. I returned it immediately. It's more of a medium weight felt than a carpet. I didn't think it'd hold up.
Dang. Thats what i ordered, now will cancel if i can and order the Metra. Thanks for tip.

Hey, so what did you use to keep trim attached? Screws, Rivets, Glue?

Hey, so what did you use to keep trim attached? Screws, Rivets, Glue?
The aluminum trim is friction fit for now. The compression of the carpet makes for a very secure fit. But I have a box of screws and a countersink at the ready as that was my original plan.

On the wooden base frame, I just ran a thin bead of gorilla glue along the inside of the channel and stabilized the trim with some masking tape. The glue will expand quite a bit to fill the void, so a little goes a long way.

Do you have a side pics with front section "up"? Still trying to figure out what you did with the support(s) ... I also see 2 notches now too?

Ok ... first thing, THANKS for sharing your setup ... it gave me something to go from. I'm a sad amateur, but I managed to do something I think will work for me. I went with collapsable legs for the flip up part.

FJ80_Platform (1).jpg

FJ80_Platform (3).jpg

FJ80_Platform (4).jpg

FJ80_Platform (5).jpg

FJ80_Platform (6).jpg

FJ80_Platform (7).jpg

FJ80_Platform (8).jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom