ARB compressor seal replacement RDCKA older style (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2fpower

SILVER Star
Threads
I have an older ARB compressor and it leaks down about every 10 minutes and cycles, so I put leak finder on it and it is leaking around the housing it appears, see pics.

Has anyone torn these down before and have advice? Anyone with an exploded diagram? This is the best I could find.

1603829784860.png

Looks like Kurt @cruiseroutfit has parts available, not sure I need the whole kit. 290311 . I think all i would need is that big o ring gasket. "Older Models Use Part# ARB160209

Pics of the offender.

CDAE8635-5D52-43C5-9C1C-76A3E6888106.jpeg

887F6D34-9ABA-4C2A-B3B4-3261F3957FC9.jpeg

592A2CAB-B8DE-46C0-B43D-609AC7A5D8D6.jpeg

I'm no help, but have a question. Could you post a link or name of your "leak finder", seems I could use one.

Thanks!

I have used a very sensitive microphone on a stick before to find an a/c leak, it worked really good -- but for this, I am oldschool. BUBBLES

@2fpower did you get this leak fixed. I don’t see any reason for any air to be where it seems your leak is. Just curious.

Just the other day I had to fix mine again. About 15 yrs ago my compressor developed a leak where I'm pointing at below. B4 contacting ARB, I removed the bolt on the end of the tank and took the tank off. I found it had blown the seal. Once apart, I found the seal was made of the brn material like they used on the lockers carrier journal. It seemed to be in decent shape, so I cleaned the sealing surfaces on the tank and matting surface and reassembled it with the old seal to see if it would hold air, and it did. Over the last 15 years the seal has blown maybe 4 times, I just take it apart clean it up and reuse the old seal. You can see the bulk head the tank attaches to is slightly distorted too. The compressor is probably over 25yrs old.
2020-12-07 02.52.03.jpg

Mine leaked at the same spot. Got a replacement gasket from Grainger’s. Solved my leak.

Called ARB & while they said they no longer supported these older units they were very helpful and said Grainger’s had the exact part.

Round #041 Medium Hard Viton O-Ring, 2.989 in I.D., 3.129"O.D., 10PK
  • Item #1BYF9
  • Mfr. Model #U38871.006.0300
  • UNSPSC #31181506
  • Catalog Page #2175
Country of Origin Varies. Country of Origin is subject to change.

Technical Specs
  • ItemO-Ring
  • Metal DetectableNo
  • X-Ray DetectableNo
  • System of MeasurementInch
  • Cross Section ShapeRound
  • O-Ring MaterialViton
  • Durometer (Hardness) RatingMedium Hard
  • Nominal Inside Dia.3 in
  • Nominal Width1/16 in
  • Actual Inside Dia.2.989 in
  • Actual Width0.07 in
  • Dash Number041
  • ColorBlack
  • Durometer75 Shore A
  • Meets/ExceedsASTM D2000, SAE J200
  • Nominal Outside Dia.3 1/8 in
  • Actual Outside Dia.3.129 in
  • Temp. Range-15 Degrees to 400 Degrees F
  • FDA ApprovedNo
Help us improve our Technical Specs

Your Price

$8.80 / pkg. of 10

@2fpower did you get this leak fixed. I don’t see any reason for any air to be where it seems your leak is. Just curious.

I did not tear into it yet, on the list of things to do.. Thanks for figuring out what seal to get.

I have an old school pump as well and ARB said the same thing. They don't have any parts for it so I just took the seal into a bearing shop and found one that was really close to it. Seems to work fine.

Got a bunch of these now...

1DC44AF5-AB2F-4FDC-BC74-FCB1C938CC45.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom