ARB Compressor Rear Interior Mount (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So the pressure regulator you posted is OEM and the LINX is "bolt-on"? I'm having a hard time following you. Both are super aftermarket, one let's you adjust air up pressure, airbags, etc from the controller, the other you have to manually adjust and bleed off...

And to your new argument. Let me be clear. your worried about a "bolt-on" item failing to turn on or off your "bolt-on" item... well...

A mechanical PRV inline with the discharge line of a compressor is quite a bit different than an Android-controlled box don't ya think? ;)

My point is there's a layer of complexity added with the Linx. It's definitely sexy tech and full of promise. So was the S7. Hopefully I'm wrong and the Linx is a solid, reliable solution. It definitely looks like the cat's whiskers in the promo material.

Am I gonna have to be the designated wheeler? :hillbilly: :cheers::steer:

It's alcohol free. It's just a sparkling water, no sugar, sweeteners, sodium or anything. But it taste like heaven. It's magical. Now, as for the several bottles of Tequila and Makers Mark I'm bringing.... yes that'll cause some issues :D

Ohhhhh... Had no idea. Will have to try this magic stuff...

I can no promise 100% as I dont know what the shipping cost will be. But I plan to fly back to Dubai next month where I have about 15 of the NSV systems. When I get there I'll try and take 1 down to FedEx and see what shipping cost would be to the USA.

The Linx comes with it's own display. But I hear ya. It's a neat system but for the over $1000 it'll cost to control your lockers and a few lights (other moduals notwithstanding)? I'm all set. I'd prefer the sPod. But, whatever tickles your pickle.
What I don't like about the way ARB/Linx is going is the same thing I don't like about Apple. Things work if you stay entirely w/in their ecosystem, but not so much if you want to branch off. In todays tech, no one should be selling a system where you have to buy a device just to interface, we have enough damn devices around, this is a software play, not a hardware play. And that software play should abolutley control ALL smart products in your vehicle (think smart home - one product does not rule them all, most all play nice w/ Alexa/Google/Apple - that's the model).

Somewhere around here I've got a sheet of paper w/ some brainstorming on it titled "Mother" where the mother system controls everything in the truck based on the "mode" you're in - trip planning, actively traveling, camping, or do not disturb (night time). This "mother" should control Power to things, things connected to the vehicle like lockers, air bags, etc... communication (all forms), navigation, etc...

Linx is a good step but someone else more innovative should come in and leapfrog. BTW... who wants to start yet another "adventuring company", I've got three product ideas out of the gate!

...I’m uncomfortable having to rely on my phone and Bluetooth to control things like lights and lockers...

In todays tech, no one should be selling a system where you have to buy a device just to interface, we have enough damn devices around, this is a software play, not a hardware play...

Can't please them all :D

Crud, late to party again. I was over having fun in the ARB shelves thread.

Shelves? How did I miss that? :D

Can't please them all :D
Truth. I'm an early adopter of a lot of things, however very skeptical/critical by nature at the same time. Things like this though, where you're committing to an ecosystem I don't jump in head first for reasons mentioned previously. IMO walled gardens are no good for anyone.

So anyway... yeah can't please them all. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't continue to push ourselves and the companies who support our habits to design better, build more holistically, and not settle. Especially in an industry ripe for innovation. As an aside and totally unrelated to the thread: Outdoor recreation makes up 2% of U.S. GDP, is ‘big business,’ says Arkansas official - Talk Business & Politics

Obviously my friend you have not met the squirrels and gophers in my neck of the woods ROFL
HAHA ok. You are right. If I'm a squirrel I'm moving into your walled garden for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom