ARB Compressor Rear Interior Mount (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am a long term Prado driver and a happy new LC200 owner. I am working my way through some early mods and have caught the dangerous LC bug... So far, OME 2" lift installed, ARB bumper w T-Max 12500 winch, Rack. Next projects are lights and compressor/Air lockers. I am planning on the ARB front and rear air locker and want to mount the compressor (CKMA12 - not the twin) in the rear of the vehicle inside the rear quarter panel/trim. I found this system for mounting the twin compressor & air tank, but I am wondering if anyone has mounted the smaller ARB compressor here? Any thoughts?

(I have nearly worn out the search function but found nothing - If I missed something, please point me in the right direction).
upload_2018-2-10_17-21-37.png

Rear Mount ARB Twin Compressor Kit - ARB Coopers Plains
upload_2018-2-10_17-21-37.png

Following. Good luck.

Seems pretty cool. I’d prefer the compressor mounted there over engine compartment but the factory subwoofer got first dibs...

Seems like a clean solution as long as the compressor gets enough ventilation and doesn’t get too hot in that spot.

I have this same concern - I have not used (don't own it yet) this ARB compressor so I unsure of its' ventilation requirements. Obviously, mounted under the hood, it gets full ventilation, but I'd be very interested to know if anyone else has mounted one in an enclosed space and how they dealt with the ventilation needs.

I have this same concern - I have not used (don't own it yet) this ARB compressor so I unsure of its' ventilation requirements. Obviously, mounted under the hood, it gets full ventilation, but I'd be very interested to know if anyone else has mounted one in an enclosed space and how they dealt with the ventilation needs.

Ventilation under the hood, but LOTS of heat. Mine gets pretty hot even when not in use due to engine bay heat. Thinking that without engine, it should be ok.

If OP is just using it for lockers probably ok however airing up tires not so much. It will be noisy in either case. Pretty heavy draw a long way from battery too.

Personally I’ve experience zero issues going under the hood. And ya...it will be loud for passengers sitting in the truck while airing up. A lot easier to go under the hood, and frankly, the small tank isn’t much use. It still isn’t going to power air tools, so I’d probably skip the tank.

3DC5A9D4-3202-4833-9E29-1B06914490EB.jpeg

DD115975-1C3B-42B5-839C-3C1BA998E9BE.jpeg

ECAB8751-4BA8-43C0-A907-730DB3F5156B.jpeg

Can’t imagine it’s as robust as a VIAIR or ARB compressor and it couldn’t possibly have the capacity or duty cycle worthy of Mud members, but it apparently exists somewhere in the world it seems cleanly integrated...

That's pretty slick. I really like the regulator feature. I wonder, however, what the duty cycle and flow are of that little compressor.

I do like the adjustable pressure. Fwiw the new ARB Linx system will do this too :cool:

Just something to note, I can’t imagine that ARB would install their compressor into this location, market it as an alternative to an engine bay location, and not take into account their own specifications on ventilation for the compressor. The pictures above are from a ARB shop build and they marketed this truck pretty heavily...thus I would think they would have taken into account this location and ventilation/heat issues that could arise.

One would think so but? I for one prefer the engine compartment. What was not shown was the location for air hose connection to air up tires.
It would be boring if we had no choices.:D

In speaking with Mainline Overland recently, they were pushing to put the compressor in the rear as ARB did with the above pix. I asked about using the Slee compressor mount under the hood and they wanted to go a different direction bc they were finding that on 16/17 200s, the mount and/or compressor was shortening out and causing electrical issues. Anyone else have experience with this issue?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom