ARB compressor location (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
can anyone tell me where they mounted thier air compressor for the ARB air lockers.I'm only locking the rear diff, if that would change the location. I haven't bought a compressor yet because I dont know where to put it. pics would be great thanks guys.

I also have ARB lockers in the rear. The location of my compressor is on right handside. If you look in the pic you will see the chrome compresser air filter. This is the way I bought it and it works great . I have the 5 gallon air tank located underneath the body in the rear.

117a_12.jpg

one option.... excuse the mess.... unit under construction...for A/C install..
troopie6 (1) (Custom).JPG

mounts perfect to the AC bracket on the firewall
111024857.jpg

This is where I put it.
ARB Pump 01.jpg

Does anyone other than sandrat62 have an on-board air tank? Is an air tank required for this system?

not required, but would be faster

Does anyone other than sandrat62 have an on-board air tank? Is an air tank required for this system?

A five gallon air tank would allow you to "on and off" an ARB
just about all day without the compressor kicking back on.
Those compressors do make an annoying noise. :)

Thanks everyone, I think that I will mount the compressor to the a/c bracket on the firewall.

My spot

I know this is an old thread resurrection but I wanted to show my ARB compressor location. I could not us the firewall location. Not enough room. I fabricated a 1" aluminum stock and mounted the ARB plate to it via three threaded holes. Machined out the bolt locations and added 1/8" rubber sheet under the bar to help with vibration.
A few photos to show you or whoever searches for this. I like the mount and room around it.
ARB 3.JPG
ARB2.JPG
photo.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom