ARB Compressor - leaking air and oil - arb lockers will not engage (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Guys,

Last weekend when I had all that fun on Daniel, the lockers would not engage. There is a leak around the compressor. Leaking air and a little oil. Does anyone local to Raleigh have experience with ARB compressors before I take this thing to East Coast Gear supply? I would like to diagnose and fix if possible so I learn more about it, just don't want to mess it up worst. I think it is an air leak because the compressor just keeps running.

Can you be more specific about where the air leak is, if you can hear it around the air compressor?

There's no oil in the system. Only way for oil to get in is if the seals in the carrier fail and allow oil up the tubes.

I read about that oil issue. That is why I may need to go to east coast.
I will clean up oil. And take video.

Another thing to note, does the compressor run continuously while the lockers are disengaged? If so, then you have a leak between the solenoids and the compressor, not necessarily the carrier seals.

Woops. Leaking at where the airlines go into the diffs. Awesome. 🤣

The rear had a zip tie that was too lose and pulled the air line at a hard angle. I adjusted the zip tie however it is leaking bad around where it goes in. The fitting on the diff was tight. Need to investigate more about to correct that. I could not see the front however I could hear it. Not leaking at compressor.

Last edited:
If you're looking for something to do, I've found it beneficial to swap out the plastic lines for a stainless steel setup. I'm not aware of any downsides and I think they are better suited for surviving the SE environment of twigs and branches that seemingly poke holes in plastic lines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom