OVERTHUNK — ARB Compresor + SLEE Bracket…fuse box clearance? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Will reach out to SLEE tomorrow but having clearance issues. I’ve tried sliding the compressor around and tried different mounting holes. But can’t seem to clear the fuse box latch

picture on line seem to show the mount and bracket mount higher almost hover above latch. But if you look to the right the hole where it mounts to the body are lined up in my picture so can’t make the bracket move higher….

640124CB-48E5-4F35-88B5-D72B059CE8D9.jpeg

I just did this install two days ago and I had the same issue as yourself. My solution was to clip off the top part of the fuse box latch/hinge to give the filter housing the clearance it needed. The second issue I had was the routing of the braided hose to the manifold, I ended up pushing the manifold connection towards the firewall and then ran the hose around the backside of the quick connect inboard to the compressor. When I routed the house as shown in the Slee pics it would kink the hose more than I would like it to. I am wiring up the switch in the cab tomorrow when it arrives, I'll check for leaks and other issues at that time.

Also, make sure you wrap the wires coming off of the air pump connectors in electrical tape as well as the support strap for the compressor where it makes contact as to avoid it rubbing a hole into the wires and causing it to ground out.

Yeah the routing doesn’t work. I tried every which way. I think the line is either different type or the design changed. The orientation doesn’t work and I ended up kinking the line.

I’m doing some other lines and routing so I have a kit to make custom lines and made one.

@sleeoffroad any suggestions? I’ll call office tomorrow

Last edited:
Yeah the routing doesn’t work. I tried every which way. I think the line is either different type or the design changed. The orientation doesn’t work and I ended up kinking the line.

I’m doing some other lines and routing so I have a kit to make custom lines and made one.

I'll see if the kink in my line creates issues tomorrow, if it works and there aren't any issues I'll post pics of how I went about it for your viewing pleasure. If it doesn't work then I'll be having a new custom hose made as well lol.

Last edited:
Mines a 17

your fuse box latches look different??

I even tried loosening the bolts holding the fusebox to the chassis and it wouldn’t slide forward.
Even Ed Martin’s build looks like it touches??
I was thinking many some rubber washers under the compressor to just raise it a 1/8-1/4”

might even give the vibrations of the compressor a way to dissipate???

A11E66E1-386D-4CEB-9928-06EFCC4E9DA6.png

Last edited:
I just did this install two days ago and I had the same issue as yourself. My solution was to clip off the top part of the fuse box latch/hinge to give the filter housing the clearance it needed. The second issue I had was the routing of the braided hose to the manifold, I ended up pushing the manifold connection towards the firewall and then ran the hose around the backside of the quick connect inboard to the compressor. When I routed the house as shown in the Slee pics it would kink the hose more than I would like it to. I am wiring up the switch in the cab tomorrow when it arrives, I'll check for leaks and other issues at that time.
Yep, same here on 2018. It's a tight fit. Had to grind down latch a bit.

What year 200s are your trucks? I installed the ARB twin and Slee bracket a couple weeks ago and got it all to fit. The filters just barley clear. I had to rotate on the ends if the braided hose to make it work. There is a thread on here that has a video. Just need a bench vice and channel locks or vice grips. See post #30.

ARB Twin on Slee bracket under hood - photos on LX? - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/arb-twin-on-slee-bracket-under-hood-photos-on-lx.1133102/post-13814037

View attachment 2779603
The link shows a video of SLEE rotating the air line so that’s the solution to the kinking.
Wish they had included it in the instructions….

What year 200s are your trucks? I installed the ARB twin and Slee bracket a couple weeks ago and got it all to fit. The filters just barley clear. I had to rotate on the ends if the braided hose to make it work. There is a thread on here that has a video. Just need a bench vice and channel locks or vice grips. See post #30.

ARB Twin on Slee bracket under hood - photos on LX? - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/arb-twin-on-slee-bracket-under-hood-photos-on-lx.1133102/post-13814037

View attachment 2779603

2021, mine definitely has a different style fuse box and latch. My solution was easy and works well.

Yep, same here on 2018. It's a tight fit. Had to grind down latch a bit.

I took some snips and took the top 1/4-1/2" of it off. Easy peasy.

The link shows a video of SLEE rotating the air line so that’s the solution to the kinking.
Wish they had included it in the instructions….

Yea I tried that and it wouldn't twist freely. I am not a fan of the routing I have now but it's my only solution for the stock hose. If it leaks tomorrow I'll order that Husky hose shown in the other thread.

I had same experience as @kcjaz on my 13. And yes twisting the hose on the fitting took some force but it did move into place.

Wow. I just finally got all my wires routed and thru the firewall grommet.

Linx power
Compressor control
Switch extension wire (as I plan to put the physical switch on the bracket)
Compressor pressure control
Compressor pressure sensor
Airbag one control
Airbag two control
Airbag pressure control
Airbag pressure sensor
Low beam pickup
High beam pickup
Aux battery voltage wire (for the future)

talk about frustrating. I hate wiring….

think I’m gonna try some 1/4” rubber washers under the compressor and see it that works

Last edited:
I heated up the hose ends and got the fitting's to slip in the vice, I won't know if it still holds air until later the evening when I can get the switch wired in and do a leak down test. See last pic for how I altered the fuse box hinge to provide clearance for the filter housing.

lTNOUiP.jpg

e6kzlHy.jpg

V2VmBsv.jpg

As others have noted, make sure you check how the bracket sets against the wiring and connections. you don't want to do what happened to me....

I installed some small spacers between the compressor and the mount. That’s worked pretty well. It’s still a tight fit but there’s just enough clearance.

It tweaks my OCD a little but if you just set the air pump bracket crooked the wires clear with plenty of room. Keep everything square and lined up and it will just be a matter of time before it rubs through.

Here is a link to the video on how to alter the braided hose line to change the 90 degree bend. As you can see from the photo, I also have the same fuse box tab issue. The way that I get into the fuse box if needed it taking off the front of the filter, then the filter then the plastic shroud that screws into the compressor housing. I'd rather not modify the fuse tab, but if I have to, I will.

I did the ARB dual compressor install in my 2018 about a week ago. I'm still not sure where I should be routing the power cables to get to the battery. Currently, they're running between the fuse box and the engine, underneath a wire loom going into the fuse box (so it's away from the engine). You can kind of see it in this photo.

PXL_20210829_205710188.jpg

From there the cable turns around the front of the battery and snakes in front of the battery to the fender then loops back around. I have terminated the ends with lugs. I really want to know how to make this tidy. I tried running the power cable between the fender and the fuse box, but there was no room and it looked janky. I would like to get the Slee Main Battery tray upgrade kit. The larger Group 31 battery would likely take up the room that I'm using to route that cable now. Can anyone provide some insight on where they routed the power cables? Thanks!

I cut down the large power harness in a major way. Wasn’t going through the firewall as I wanted to keep the switch under the hood.. so I cut multiple feet out of the large harness and while I was at it spliced the small negative wire still necessary to the switch into the crimps I used for the large modification. I doubt many people will copy all of this, but the routing to the terminals themselves and fuse location may work for other people.

I may invest in Slee’s terminals to clean things up further but so far this works well and allows use of the factory positive terminal cover.

I started a thread devoted to ARB compressor wiring. Will try and dig up that link.

6C109F96-CD49-46C5-B679-B41850CDCE15.jpeg

B574B813-0495-415F-AE37-991BDC933DE3.jpeg

73C93E3A-DD5D-45BF-BA22-5D9DA76BF907.jpeg

Last edited:
Here is a link to the video on how to alter the braided hose line to change the 90 degree bend. As you can see from the photo, I also have the same fuse box tab issue. The way that I get into the fuse box if needed it taking off the front of the filter, then the filter then the plastic shroud that screws into the compressor housing. I'd rather not modify the fuse tab, but if I have to, I will.

I did the ARB dual compressor install in my 2018 about a week ago. I'm still not sure where I should be routing the power cables to get to the battery. Currently, they're running between the fuse box and the engine, underneath a wire loom going into the fuse box (so it's away from the engine). You can kind of see it in this photo.

View attachment 2779956

From there the cable turns around the front of the battery and snakes in front of the battery to the fender then loops back around. I have terminated the ends with lugs. I really want to know how to make this tidy. I tried running the power cable between the fender and the fuse box, but there was no room and it looked janky. I would like to get the Slee Main Battery tray upgrade kit. The larger Group 31 battery would likely take up the room that I'm using to route that cable now. Can anyone provide some insight on where they routed the power cables? Thanks!

Please excuse the poor lighting, I had to take these in our poorly lit garage assisted with a head lamp lol. I ran the fuses between the battery and fuse box, the harness will lay in there nicely. I wrapped the rest of the harness around the fuse box between it and the fender, it wedges in there perfectly and the remaining excess is in a loop resting underneath the compressor between the air pump relays and the firewall secured with a zip tie to the fuse box leg.

YAPTq5m.jpg

eqlHEmF.jpg

Switch is in, everything works, no leaks, all is well.

Oh3g831.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom