ARB Bumper....Winch or Non Winch?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Currently I have an ARB non winch bumper setup on my 1994 FZJ80. I was given a Warn 12000LB winch. I am repairing the winch, there are no indications it will not function. To accomadate the winch I obviously have to add a winch bumper and loose the non-winch bumper. There inlies the problem. Jen, my fiance, is not at all happy about changing out our non winch bumper. She thinks it will f-up the look of the truck. We are a house divided.

Please share with me some pics of 80 series trucks with ARB winch bumpers. If I can prove to her that the 80 looks BAD ASS!, I mean....Non redneek with the ARB winch bumper Winch combo I can go forward without hesitation......I have found a few searching through the archives but I want to show her a single page of pics.... I have til Monday to make a convincing argument.....

Thanks.......

Looks better with the winch. Besides, what will happen if you go somewhere and get stuck and if only you had the winch. Safety, and she would want you to leave off an important safety feature?
Rear Bumper 001.jpg

I faced the same resistance with my wife. I had to strike a deal with her. Here's how it went for me:

For her to grant approval for a winch bumper I would have to provide her with evidence that the bumper would not detract from the natural beauty of the cruiser. Ie, not redneck; she wants to drive to the store without getting a whole lot of attentioun... Secondly, she would get something of value the same as what the bumper would cost.

I'll be honest, though. I already had the winch, I had the welder to make the bumper, I just had to buy the metal. The investment had a small amount of up front money.

Cheers.

Tell her (in a nice way :) ) that she will have to become proficient with a shovel and a come-along if you can't mount the winch. It really is nice to know you have it there even if you don't use it that often, it's one of those things that if you only use it once, most likely you will be really glad you had it.
80A.jpg

Jen here.......Ok, I gotta admit.....that is a much cleaner look than I anticipated. I like the fact that you cannot see the winch.

This is how it currently looks......

IMG_0079.jpg

So, does this mean I can get a dishwasher if I am swayed??? :bounce2: :bounce:

Looks better with a winch :D. Although there ways to mount a winch to the back of the rig too.

You bet it does!!

I'll buy the non-winch ARB from you.

razzoo said:
So, does this mean I can get a dishwasher if I am swayed??? :bounce2: :bounce:

Looks like negotiations have opened

Romer said:

Possibly. Thanks for the pics guys.....that really helps. I was thinking the winch ended up sitting more in front of the grille. Didn't realize it sat down in there like that.
Just the love the truck so much the way it is I get nervous about change :zilla:

My wife was against the bunper and the winch.

A few months ago, I told her I was going to sell the winch. "You're not selling my winch," came the reply.

Well, how about sell the winch and bumper and go back to stock..."Nope, I like the winch and bumper and won't have it any other way."

My wife is a girly-girl, interior designer, etc.... the combo is strictly "poser" for her, but she loves it.

Romer said:

Man, ya'll had to make mention of the equal expenditure clause.... But your correct Sir! I think she in convinced this will not be my typical bootay fab..... The pics closed the deal, she had this idea of an 8274 on a 40 looking thing...zCouple of sweet rigs there guys.... Man, I love these trucks..... Do people look at you funny when taking pics of your rig?

I think I will tell her I ordered the bumper last week now....... :)

I am open to offers on the Non-Winch bumper........

Shregg@comcast.net

If you have a Warn 12K winch and don't install it you will be kicking your self. Someday. somewhere you or someone you are with will get stuck either offroading or in the snow. Thw winch will mean the difference in driving home or having to get a tow truck and hoofing it out.

If you wheel it, there are some ocassions when the trail on a ridge gets soft and you loose traction and your rig is sitting in a dangerous position. The winch allows you to tie off to a tree or rock so that trying to drive out of the situation doesn't end in tragedy.

Finally, knowing the winch is there is a great feeling when you are driving through deep snow or even Mud.

It's not important to be good, it's important to LOOK good.....

Winches look MARVELOUS...............:D

woody said:
hhhhmmmm.....who ordered? ;)

Bla bla bla..... After I got off the phone with you I told Jen of the "Plan". The proposal was not exactly recieved with enthusiasm that I was exibiting...... I thought it best to get full buy in prior to calling you back in a panic...... Were in full on "Go" mode.......

Anyone know where I can get a good deal on a dishwasher?? Thanks LandyLover!!

"mentioned" it to C last night....shoulda never done that....

ah well...I've slept in the 80 before...

woody said:
"mentioned" it to C last night....shoulda never done that....

ah well...I've slept in the 80 before...

Ahhhh, thats what I was trying to avoid..... You had indicated there may be resistance....I recomend she read this thread.... :)

Get the dishwasher for her! Best investment I ever made for my wife. (Even though I am the one who uses it all the time.) Where are you located? How much do you want for your old bumper? PM me the details please.

BTW, I bought the Bosch DW after a long search. It rocks, I can watch a movie with it running and never hear it. Gets the dishes cleaner than I was ever able to.

Fly Rod

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom