ARB bumper winch install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just got my ARB 3411040 bumper. It says it suits a Warn winch. My question is how does the winch mount. I thought there would be a winch plate for it to sit on.

The "bottom" of the winch faces the front. 4 bolts poking straight ahead.

You also have to reclock the winch so the handle is in the correct spot to access.

It is made to fit a "feet forward" winch model. Some warn winch models are feet forward and some are feet down. The feet down ones would set on a plate or floor, the feet forward bolts to the holes in the front of the bumper

On my bumper there is a small gap between the top of the rollers and the mount site. The big long bolts are a little bit on the short side with this install.

491D63A2-CF50-43DD-AA6C-1AC2F2F15D9F.jpeg

9C3C3FF9-8214-4C64-A358-7F2CD1636F1E.jpeg

On my bumper there is a small gap between the top of the rollers and the mount site. The big long bolts are a little bit on the short side with this install.

The fairlead needs to be a Warn fairlead to fit properly on the ARB's mounting point. It will have bolts for the side rollers long enough to go all the way through.

First unbolt the bolts from fairlead to bumper then attach fairlead using the bolts through the rollers.

Make sure there is clearance through the cable path. You may need to add washers above the rollers to space the fairlead slightly lower but you need the washers to eliminate any space between fairlead and bumper protrusion. That will allow your current bolts to be used through the roller and a stronger mounting.

Mark new hole locations on the fairlead that match those existing on the bumper.

Disassemble rollers/fairlead and drill new holes.

Bolt fairlead against bumper with new holes then bolt rollers in place.

It is a Warn fairlead. It’s the one that came with the XD9000

OK, then they must be supplying a different size fairlead with the XD9000 from the Warn PN 5742 fairlead, which has bolts long enough to go all the way through the mounting points.

OK, then they must be supplying a different size fairlead with the XD9000 from the Warn PN 5742 fairlead, which has bolts long enough to go all the way through the mounting points.

I think it’s the right one. But like you suggested, I have to drill a new hole to move up the fairlead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom