ARB Bumper, Paid For Its Self (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I tested the ARB tonight on a deer. The ARB won, the deer lost.
No damage to the 80.
I was going about 45mph and the deer was a year old (not very big). I got him in the rear and had to cut his throat as it tired to get up but had no use of his rear legs.
I have a $500 deductable on my insurance so the ARB paid for its self.

Good to hear the it served its purpose ;)

On top of $500 deductable, you would also have to take into account the time it would have been sidelined, as well as the embarrassment it would have caused you to drive a loaner like a Scion :D

Glad to hear your rig is ok. It's only a matter of time before this happens to me or my wife. Our stretch of route 66 is deer alley.

Cool man ... steaks in the freezer yet ?? :D
[color=555555]T[/color][color=2E3136]T[/color][color=555555]Y[/color][color=2E3136]Y[/color][color=555555]L[/color][color=2E3136]L[/color][color=555555]E[/color][color=2E3136]E[/color][color=555555]R[/color][color=2E3136]R[/color]

I only keep deer that I hit in the head. An a$$ shot is hard on the meat.

Hitting a deer is a serious deal. I found out myself last summer in the 40 at about 65mph. :eek:

How did the 80 react to the impact as far as handling goes?

Had I not seen the deer I would of only heard a thud as it was a small deer.
I hit the same sized one last week with my KW semi with a plastic bumper. There was no damage to the semi. I hit a 200 lb deer with my HiLux many years ago and only bent the bumper. A fullsized Bronco hit a small little deer and it bent his frame to the point that the drivers door would not open.
I am up to 7 1/2 deer vehicle accidents. The 1/2 was when I ran over a fawn and it ran away unharmed.

Sounds like the next ARB product you need to buy is a fridge!!! :flipoff2:

Kurt,
Glad you are ok, I have seena few injuries form deer hits in my days. also on a completely thread hijack point what the he11 did you do to the turd????
Dave

Kurt,
Glad to hear everything is ok. Now if you would have been going faster, that deer would have looked like he was in a blender. I hit my 4th deer about 3 weeks ago. Wasn't going that fast, maybe 45-55 and pegged it hard. This one somehow got dragged for awhile - must have got caught up in my arb line or something but he eventually came out the back end. Didn't see any damage at all to the truck. That's 4 deer in 2 years, maybe 3 years.

This is excellent! One of my reasons for a LC and my main reason for the ARB is because I keep hitting deer. Two of my five were at just under 80mph. my VWs were both totalled, I'm lucky I wasn't hurt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom