ARB bumper on LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So my Land Rovers have winches on them but I use the LX most of the time to work out of. Yesterday I got stuck in mud on a ranch I was showing to a client (because I forgot to press the button to lock the center diff :doh: ) in truck that doesn't have any self-recovery...

So there are no photos of my Range Rover which I had to get my dad to go pick up and bring to extract it. ;)

That said I hit a deer in it a few months ago and have a pretty hefty estimate from the Lexus dealer to fix it - enough to just replace it with an ARB instead.

When I do this will I need to do anything else (suspensionwise)? or will the AHC take care of the extra weight with no fuss? I don't want to alter the ride quality if at all possible.

TIA, Kevin

The AHC will handler the sahara bar only, but if you add a winch+sahara bar, I'd probably try putting stock LC bars in and adjust them so the pressures at the front AHC shocks are in spec.

So I was also thinking of putting a winch on my LX470 since I go alone and get stuck here an there or would a ARB air locker be a better option for self recovery?

I have a ARB Deluxe WInch Mount bumper, lol

Sorry for stealing ur thread for a bit, just curious!

With a locker, it means you just get stuck further up the trail! Either way, you'd need a winch, assuming there's something to winch off of.

There was a recent issue of LC mag where this guy has a FZJ105 with front and rear winches (rear winch in a modified Kaymar bar). Guess 'ya ideally want to be able to winch out from both directions.

The AHC will handler the sahara bar only, but if you add a winch+sahara bar, I'd probably try putting stock LC bars in and adjust them so the pressures at the front AHC shocks are in spec.

Are the LC bars for non-AHC models different I guess? Is there a good source for these or do I have to buy them from the Toyota stealership? It will have a winch...I have an extra one in the garage :D

Yes, the T-bars are different. I'm sure there's a few LC owners here that have upgraded to OME and wouldn't mind parting with their OEM bars. Or call Slee, I'm sure he has a ton of them. They are kinda expensive from Toyota.

As for the ARB bumper, go with the '03 ARB Combo bar on your '02.

So today I was out on another piece of property with my clients and we had to deal with some more bad mud. This time we all remembered to lock the center diff and there was no fuss.

These clients are my next door neighbors and friends and vote +2 (+5 including their rug rats) for me to add the bumper and winch.

I'm going to show him a picture of your LX with the deluxe bar (their LX is black too) since he's the one who will be driving around in the mud once they purchase a place :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom