ARB Bumper Appreciation Post (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
A kid my age ran a red light on the 23rd and I ended up crashing into him, the amount of damage to his car vs my mighty 62 is just absurd. What you see is the only damage done to my car. Saved him a wholeeeeee lot of $$$. Anyways go buy a bull bumper.
IMG_20191223_231326.jpg
IMG_20191224_105346.jpg

I’ve got an early arb like yours. I bought that and my kaymar rear for all the same reasons.

I’m glad to see you’ve only got a scratch.

I’ve got an early arb like yours. I bought that and my kaymar rear for all the same reasons.

I’m glad to see you’ve only got a scratch.
It's a great choice, totally worth it even if you're just getting it for protection and nothing else. Hopefully you will never have a crash where the bumpers come in handy, but still, better be safe than sorry.

It's a great choice, totally worth it even if you're just getting it for protection and nothing else. Hopefully you will never have a crash where the bumpers come in handy, but still, better be safe than sorry.

It’s protected the truck on the trail as well.

It took a long time to find the Early arb and even longer to find the kaymar.

It’s tough living in a place like Houston where an estimated 25% of drivers are uninsured.

46493142-3442-4290-BDD1-A73A787C4958.jpeg

Last edited:
Unless the ARB on a 60 are much stronger than the ones for a 80, I am not impressed with them at all. Love the look, but I'll be looking for something stronger for my 60 build.

Unless the ARB on a 60 are much stronger than the ones for a 80, I am not impressed with them at all. Love the look, but I'll be looking for something stronger for my 60 build.
Curious what you have in mind and how you'll determine strength of the bar.

Curious what you have in mind and how you'll determine strength of the bar.
Again, I've only had experience with the ARBs for the 80s, but I'm reasonably sure this applies to the 60s as well. They are made out of pretty thin steel. If you lift one, compared to ones from other manufacturers, they are very light. One of the siders on my 80 weigh more than my ARB bumper. On the trail, I've seen several take a rock blow and cave. The "wings" are particularly weak and fold. They don't even have recovery points, which is good since they aren't up for the task. Not an issue with the 60s since they have factory tow hooks. But still. I do think they would offer good protection from a deer strike, but again, the bumper would probably take damage. Like I said, I love the look. But there are others out there that are way stronger.

In op's accident, I think it was a "T-bone" type incident where one car was hit in the side by the front of another. The one hit on the side will always take way more damage. I think things would have been similar even with the stock bumper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom