ARB Bumper and license plate mounting (1 Viewer)

Have any of you guys come up with a trick way of mounting the hated front license plate on an ARB bumber??

Hmmm, do you have the non-winch ARB?

Because on the ARB's setup to mount a winch they provide a pair of mounting points for the license plate right above the fairlead area. They supply a Z-shape about 8" long that bolts to the bumper and the plate on these.

On the winch bumper? I used a few zip ties to mount it. I'll dig up a picture when I get home. Not exactly "trick," but it sits evenly, looks fine, and isn't going anywhere.

PhrogsPhorever

Don’t think I won’t cut you
GOLD Star

Most of the winch bumpers come with the licernse plate mounting bracket included. Did you buy it used?

Here's a pic of the bracket that should have come with the bumper.

576269249_5ede82dc40.jpg
576269249_5ede82dc40.jpg

Not sure if this would work if you had a winch mounted.

Edit: For the bottom....I ran a long zip tie from one side to the other, then attached the two small ones to it. :2cents:

Last edited:

Somewhere I've seen a license plate frame that clips over the rollers of the fairlead. Problem with that is it makes it way too easy for someone to walk away with your plate and, depending on your trails and habits, bouncing the front bumper off something seems an all too easy way to leave it laying on the trail.

Somewhere I've seen a license plate frame that clips over the rollers of the fairlead. Problem with that is it makes it way too easy for someone to walk away with your plate and, depending on your trails and habits, bouncing the front bumper off something seems an all too easy way to leave it laying on the trail.
You use mag light flashlight holders attached to the back of your license plate, same size as roller fairleads. easy to take off when you need to winch. I have never had a problem with anyone taking my plate, or it falling off.

S.CarolinaFZJ80

SILVER Star

Just drill two hole through the license plate that line up with the holes in the ARB and bolt it up.

I also trimmed my plate on the sides and bottom just so there is a small border around the numbers and shaped the top to contour with the tubing.

A table saw, drill press and file made short work of this.
IMG_0623.jpg

S.CarolinaFZJ80

SILVER Star

I originally had mine zip tied too & it worked fine but I was bored one afternoon and had some time to kill.

Just drill two hole through the license plate that line up with the holes in the ARB and bolt it up.

I also trimmed my plate on the sides and bottom just so there is a small border around the numbers and shaped the top to contour with the tubing.

A table saw, drill press and file made short work of this.
That's what I did but didn't trim the plates.:)

I've seen someone using Maglite clip/holders to accomplish the same thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom