ARB bumper and AHC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Am looking at buying an ARB front bumper but am leary of the effect it ill have on the AHC system. Will it degrade my pressures ? will it negatively effect highway handling?. I see that they weigh about 240 pounds. What has been your experience Thanks for your help

Double check the weight but I believe it’s more like 160lbs. AHC will be fine if you adjust the bars/pressure.

240lbs is probably the shipping weight. I installed mine alone and while help would have been great, it wasn't terribly difficult to handle. 160lbs seems much more accurate.

I can't offer advice regarding AHC, but I suspect the weight will increase pressures a little.

Start here:

Start here:

Thanks, I'm all over it. I know my AHC system inside out . and use Tecstream regularly. Just wondering if the ARB bumper would be too heavy to compensate for.

Thanks, I'm all over it. I know my AHC system inside out . and use Tecstream regularly. Just wondering if the ARB bumper would be too heavy to compensate for.

Put the bumper on, read your pressures and adjust/reindex your torsion bars accordingly. The added weight will need to be taken up by additional spring tension, not the AHC, and it will be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom