ARB bull bars for wide nose 70 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Shopping around for some front end protection for my wide nose 71 and it appears there are multiple versions of the ARB bar.
*Commercial bull bar that accomodates an upright winch (8274)
*Deluxe bull bar that takes a planetary winch
*Deluxe large tube bull bar that also only accomodates a planetary winch

The latter is by far the best looking in my opinion but doesn't appear to be available for flareless models. (which mine is)

I also really like my 8274s. One option would be to integrate the commercial bar for lights to modernize it a bit. Or does a flare vehicle bull bar fit the flareless trucks quiet well where it's a non issue?

Thoughts, opinions, experiences?
Deluxe
ARB76SeriesDeluxeBar0615_033_480crop.jpg

Large tube
79MattBlackBar_1096x480_2.png

Commercial
ARB79MineUtes1007_1138.jpg

I’ve looked into this too.
Personally I liked the look of the commercial. Depends on how you want the truck to look, but the simplicity fits the truck quite well IMO.
Then you should also consider, depending on where you park and whether you run a synthetic line, if the winch area is covered or open to the sun.

Opinions? I think the ARB bumpers look good from the front view but from the side, it shows a lot of overhang. Approach angle is probably not much better, if any, than stock. But that doesn't matter to everyone.

LANDCRUISER 70 SERIES Bull Bars | ARB 4x4 Accessories

I’ve looked into this too.
Personally I liked the look of the commercial. Depends on how you want the truck to look, but the simplicity fits the truck quite well IMO.
Then you should also consider, depending on where you park and whether you run a synthetic line, if the winch area is covered or open to the sun.

I 100% prefer the look of the commercial series for narrow nose 70 series. The newer trucks though is what I'm torn on. No matter the winch, I'll always do steel line. Not a fan of synthetic.

Opinions? I think the ARB bumpers look good from the front view but from the side, it shows a lot of overhang. Approach angle is probably not much better, if any, than stock. But that doesn't matter to everyone.

LANDCRUISER 70 SERIES Bull Bars | ARB 4x4 Accessories
Good point, something I didn't take into consideration. This particular specimen has the smaller front bumper unlike the winch equipped versions. I don't suspect I'd ever try to climb anything so steep that the slightly additional overhang would make a difference. Once the factory tires wear out I'll go up to 255-85r16s so it will hardly be a rock crawler. The additional protection on the other hand would provide significant piece of mind however.

I have been looking into these. I really need a commercial for my 79 build!

I 100% prefer the look of the commercial series for narrow nose 70 series. The newer trucks though is what I'm torn on. No matter the winch, I'll always do steel line. Not a fan of synthetic.
I have both narrow and wide so I guess I like having something different on each, and I sort of like the grille/fascia to show on the wide-nosed. Especially since I got the 70th anniversary grille ready to install…

58D5B414-D719-43ED-ABE6-2E873F8847A7.jpeg

4E795EE4-E257-411B-8658-45E0847A62D7.jpeg

I also noticed this bar which doesn't seem to be listed anywhere. It's different in that the indicators and fogs are integrated into one housing. I do like the look.

View attachment 3116869
That was a bar that was one of the original ones that arb made for the 79.... I think you'll find that it's been superseded by the deluxe bar for awhile now. Imho a big tube is the go, of the ARB selections they take a big hit well in my experience.

I also noticed this bar which doesn't seem to be listed anywhere. It's different in that the indicators and fogs are integrated into one housing. I do like the look.

View attachment 3116869
I believe this is the “deluxe bar” which seems very close to the one you’re seeking.
FE22B35F-EE0D-417A-B223-6B8F7017867A.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom