ARB Bull Bar, Saginaw Power Steering, and Winch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.mattison-consulting.com
Hi Everyone.

I have seen a thread or two on this over the years but, I can not find them now.

I bought the ARB Bull Bar front bumper for my 71 FJ40. I also have the Saginaw power steering conversion. Can anyone recommend a winch that will fit in the space provided and sit down in there to use the normal ARB bolt holes?

Thanks!
photo.JPG
photo (2).JPG

Hi All:

If a Warn M8274 won't fit due to the Saginaw PS gearbox I doubt there is any other self-recovery electric winch (other than ATV! :p ) that will.

The ARB 40/45 Series bull bar is designed to fit the M8274. You probably need to modify the 'bar to use a low-mount electric winch mounted to the frame rails to clear the Saginaw 'gearbox.

Good luck!

Alan

Hi Everyone.

I have seen a thread or two on this over the years but, I can not find them now.

I bought the ARB Bull Bar front bumper for my 71 FJ40. I also have the Saginaw power steering conversion. Can anyone recommend a winch that will fit in the space provided and sit down in there to use the normal ARB bolt holes?

Thanks!
View attachment 497515View attachment 497516
Did you ever figure this out? Was hoping to use a Smittybilt XRC-9.5K but forgot I am planning on Saginaw. How much space was there from the driver's bolt hole to the steering gear?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom