ARB Bull Bar Marker Light/running light Conversion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all,

Just need a quick how to on the mod to make the two front ARB Marker Lights work with running and blinkers?? I did a search but need more clarity. What should i expect the lights to do??

Thanks---

jsnow said:
If you use them for running lights they will melt the lenses.

You can change the bulbs to prevent this.

jsnow said:
If you use them for running lights they will melt the lenses.
Nope - replace the #1156 bulb w/ a #67 (so it won't melt reflector), blue bumper wire to green on corner light, brown bumper wire to green wire on blinker light.

Then you have marker and blinker!

:cheers:

Tucker

Tucker: Are you positive this works? Have you actually done this? I ask because this is a great mod and I'm going to have this done on Monday. Could you, please be more specific and detailed about the wiring? Thanks vey much for your reply. Steve

It's actually that simple, if you look in your fender (you may have to peel back some of the shrink wrap) and you'll see what I mean. Trace the wire, they're the color Tucker references. You get "scotch lock" connectors with the marker lights so you just connect the way he said. I was apprehensive at first too as I don't like doing electrical stuff, but it was easy. Well in truth I couldn't do it the way he said because the wires to my blinkers were so short there was no way I could get the connector on it. :mad: I'll probably try again when I have more time.

If you do it that way there will be a "disco" effect when your headlight/parking lights are on. The ARB marker light will flash opposite of your regular blinker light when the lights are on (parking/head) and they'll flash with the blinkers if those other lights are off.

Good luck! :cheers:

I've been running my lights the way tucker said for months now (with the 67 bulbs). Works great. No problems with the lens.

Tucker, Corbs:

Many thanks for your help. Had the mod done today at local Toyota dealer (labor, $84.98/parts, $2.19) and it's terrific,doubley delicious, and safer. ( Now, to find the thread that discussed a better way to modify the the top marker so that it also works as an indicator.) That affect will be awesome, tripley delicious, and safest, since that's the light most visible from front and side.) Thanks again.

Steve

Nakman,

Thanks, but someone recently (last month or two) posted a much cleaner and easier method with the same result. I think it involved swapping out the sockets on the marker light (dual sockets?) to convert it to an indicator as well as a marker. The Slee method is not attractive (at least to me), especially when there's a neat alternative.

Steve

Nakman, et al,

Found it! It's a C-Dan conversion (of course); and quite elegant (naturally). I don't know how to mak e an internal link to it, so here is the thread: "Turn sigs & parking lights". If you put that in the search bar, you'll get the thread. The gist is using sockets that hold 1157 bulbs: "It's just like a brake/tail combination in the front." I'm going to write to C-Dan and ask him to be very specific--for people like me, who need all the help they can get.

Steve

Deep cut bump here. Would it be advisable to use dielectric grease when assembling a #67 LED? I just ordered these.

Thought about getting these from our friends in Oz but opted on the cheapo route.

Deep cut bump here. Would it be advisable to use dielectric grease when assembling a #67 LED? I just ordered these.

Thought about getting these from our friends in Oz but opted on the cheapo route.
wow, nice thread bump! I'd say yes, a little dielectric grease wouldn't be a bad idea at all, particularly on those bulb connections that are likely to run underwater occasionally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom