Polar Bear Build: ARB BP-51, SPC UCAs and Budbuilt Sliders and Armor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just got my “PolarBear” back from TorFab after hibernation with roughly 3” lift with the upper control arms and BP-51 and Budbuilt beefy .120 DOM and 3/8” thick steel rock sliders that is powder coated and aluminum armor plating stage 4 (front, engine, and transfer case).

Next, rock warriors or Corsa wheels and tires. Currently I have 275/70/18 Toyos all terrain and they are terrific but they hum and a bit skinny for my tastes. I need to match that beastly look with wider shoes so definitely 285.

What do you guys think? Corsa rims or Rock Warriors?

43A6B1C2-B4E3-44E8-97C7-B006DA471FAD.jpeg

CE1C5E8C-67CB-4234-9FA0-D692733F70FF.jpeg

4DDF8224-FF18-4F03-A451-569714CB8ED4.jpeg

903488C3-6C5F-4FDC-B8D3-45EFAD19B9AD.jpeg

Congrats

Looks and sounds nice. Did you add anything special to your BudBuilts sliders? I am about to place and order with him and I really like they way yours look.

Looks and sounds nice. Did you add anything special to your BudBuilts sliders? I am about to place and order with him and I really like they way yours look.
I went with the beefy 3/8” steel and had them powder coated matt black and with the kicker style and dimples facing down. I appreciate what Bud did for me on this one as he took his time (2months) because he ran into quality issues and the feedback that Tony and others gave him on his first gen if you will to make sure quality isn’t jeopardized and it bolts on fully without messing with the frame. I didn’t have to do any welding on the frame which is a huge plus. They are heavy and sturdy. It feels like you can have 500 pounds bear stand on them.

Ali, thanks for the info. I wonder if that would change a bit with a bull bar and winch. I like the idea of 2.5"-3" lift, but don't want a harsh ride. That's one of the reasons I'm going for the BP-51's as I'll be able to adjust them. Have you tried adjusting yours to get a smoother ride yet? Will you be adding a bit of extra weight in bull bars and such?

Ali, thanks for the info. I wonder if that would change a bit with a bull bar and winch. I like the idea of 2.5"-3" lift, but don't want a harsh ride. That's one of the reasons I'm going for the BP-51's as I'll be able to adjust them. Have you tried adjusting yours to get a smoother ride yet? Will you be adding a bit of extra weight in bull bars and such?
Planning on adding a bullbar and winch. Yes. I can adjust them for sure.

That's good timing. I'm having Torfab install the same BP-51's and SPC UCA's but already have white knuckle sliders. It goes in tomorrow for install on Friday. I do have bumper/winch combo up front so going for the beefier springs.

That's good timing. I'm having Torfab install the same BP-51's and SPC UCA's but already have white knuckle sliders. It goes in tomorrow for install on Friday. I do have bumper/winch combo up front so going for the beefier springs.
The one thing I would caution you about is alignment. Torfab doesn’t do alignment in-house. They spent more time on it then they should and still didn’t get it right after having two shops work on it for couple of weeks. I eventually took it to the dealer and were able to do it correctly.

What are the settings on your shocks?

The one thing I would caution you about is alignment. Torfab doesn’t do alignment in-house. They spent more time on it then they should and still didn’t get it right after having two shops work on it for couple of weeks. I eventually took it to the dealer and were able to do it correctly.

A couple of weeks?? That is crazy. Thank you very much for the head's up!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom