ARB Base Rack Sunroof Vibration help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have the full length ARB Base Rack on my 21 200. Love the look and functionality. However, I’m getting sunroof vibration at 70+ mph. Meaning, the sunroof can be felt moving up and down. If I put my finger on it lightly, it’s pops up and downs off my fingertip. So it’s probably moving up and down a total of a quarter in, probably less. I have two concerns: one, that this will create long term damage on the sunroof, and two, this creates noise kind of like a subwoofer. I do have the wind deflector.

When installing, the rails have a little bit of forward and back play (1/4 in maybe) in them in terms of how you mount the flat rack. I positioned the rack all the way forward. Don’t know if moving it towards the rear will help?

I’ve also heard folks who have the slimline light bar combines with the wind deflector say they have no issues. Wonder if that changes the airflow some how.

I love using the sunroof and leaving the shade pushed back when closed.

Is anyone else having this issue? Any remedy? Thanks in advance for any help.

I’ve read that forum. No resolution has been determined.
It is the exact same issue, with a whole lot of discussion on the topic and posts that are quite recent.

What benefit is there to a new thread? Wouldn’t any progress on the topic be posted in that one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom