ARB Base Rack photos (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yea I would have ran it with the light bar and deflector, but ARB did not ship me one with the rack.

Sidenote: my light bar recently started to get some light Condensation inside the lense. Any remedies for this?
I put the plastic covers over the lense and I'm not had any condensation inside of the unit itself as of yet and it has been exposed to rain and snow since I installed it.I would contact ARB USA and discuss it with them. I'm sure they will replace it if it is a manufacturing flaw.

I put the plastic covers over the lense and I'm not had any condensation inside of the unit itself as of yet and it has been exposed to rain and snow since I installed it.I would contact ARB USA and discuss it with them. I'm sure they will replace it if it is a manufacturing flaw.
How is the wind noise? Some posts in the forum seem to suggest the wind noise is pretty high, especially for the shorter version, whereas others state it's pretty similar to OEM particularly for the full length version. I am about to pull the trigger on the full length rack but thought I would do one last double check. Thanks!

How is the wind noise? Some posts in the forum seem to suggest the wind noise is pretty high, especially for the shorter version, whereas others state it's pretty similar to OEM particularly for the full length version. I am about to pull the trigger on the full length rack but thought I would do one last double check. Thanks!
I have the 84 inch rack. The noise level is tolerable but it may be a little louder than the stock which would make sense since it has a wind deflector and a light bar in the front of the wind deflector. Everything is a trade-off if you need the need the rack for carrying a tent or lots of-road or camping items then this is a great way to go if you only use it for occasional loading and probably the stocks with a couple extra bars would work just as well.

I have the 84 inch rack. The noise level is tolerable but it may be a little louder than the stock which would make sense since it has a wind deflector and a light bar in the front of the wind deflector. Everything is a trade-off if you need the need the rack for carrying a tent or lots of-road or camping items then this is a great way to go if you only use it for occasional loading and probably the stocks with a couple extra bars would work just as well.
Cool, thanks for the quick follow up. I am probably some where in the middle in that I am early in my build. I wasn't planning on getting a light bar, at least initially, and I heard adding that can add a bit of noise compared to the wind deflector by itself. Either way, sounds like it's not too bad and it does seem like a solid option.

Long term ownership thoughts and opinions on the base rack? How are the 100 series owners liking this rack option?

I noticed on their website arb now shows side rails and a 3/4 length basket option. I’d not seen this earlier when looking at their site. Anyone running either of these options and have pics to show?

Long term ownership thoughts and opinions on the base rack? How are the 100 series owners liking this rack option?

I noticed on their website arb now shows side rails and a 3/4 length basket option. I’d not seen this earlier when looking at their site. Anyone running either of these options and have pics to show?
I quite like my rack, but if I were to do it again, probably go with Prinsu for the price difference. ARB is an amazingly made rack, zero complaints there. Wind noise is not too bad, my tires probably make more noise than the rack. The wind deflector makes a big difference.

I've had the exact setup you described for a couple of years. Very happy with the rack and the system in general. There's minimal noise with the deflector installed. Just know you're buying in to a system, not just the rack. It's a solid system. Here's a pic.

Screenshot 2023-02-21 at 11.31.31 AM.png

No complaints, works as intended. The rack/baskets have been available from the beginning.

Has anyone put these new base rack attachments through some heavy use? Here's how my farm jack attachments worked after maybe 20 miles on usfs roads and around town (with hilite mounted). I have an email into arbusa for warranty service.....

Videos here of both flopping loose with clamps and bolts max tight.

This photo is after basically pulling one mount off the rack having slightly loosened only one of two clamp bolts.

I always question myself on this site but this is...like nothing I've seen in decades of far lighter weight roof rack use.

View attachment 2730707

Can you update us how you repaired the bracket. Did ARB have anything to add?

Anyone have the light bar wired up? Trying to figure out how I want tor run all the wiring for my install this weekend.

Bump on the above, shortly I might get a light bar, how have you got wires upto it, I'm considering the ARB cable gland.
I ran mine up light bar wiring up the A pillar on the driver's side, tucking it into the OEM windshield moulding. Have since added ARB rack lights as well running down the same area with the KC HiLites Universal Wire Holder. It's too dark now to snap a pic, but I can post one tomorrow if you need it.

Great thread here - I'm really grateful that you've all documented your findings and experiences with the racks on here. I'm contemplating ordering one of these now along with a bumper for my new-to-me 100 series. For the folks who've been running them, would you recommend it? Seems like everyone agrees that they're solidly built if a little on the heavy side. I'm looking for the lowest profile option I can get, and I need to be able to install some wide load bars on top of the rack for hauling 2 canoes side by side. I think I can do this with a couple of the HD yakima bars that mount via t-channel, so this rack would work great - the farther apart I can keep the bars, the more stable the whole system will be.

Which leads to my next question... has anyone yet attempted to run the 84" rack with the 100 series mount kit? And has anyone figured out a way to incorporate the front-most mounting pad as has been discussed a few times in this thread? I think the 84" solution with 4 feet would be ideal for me if it is possible. If you've tried this, how was the wind noise? And how were you able to get your order in with ARB?

Finally, for those with the 72" rack, could you snap a pic of the wind deflector? It seems weird to me that the rack stops in the middle of the sunroof... does this make it impossible/unpleasant to use the sunroof?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom