ARB base rack fit and finish (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just received my order for the arb base rack and there were some major scuffs and gouges. It would be such a pain to have to package it back up and return it since the platform comes welded together. I don't think i can fit the thing in the back of the 200. What would the group's consensus be on the path forward? Since it's aluminum, It can be touched up and won't be rusted. Pics for reference.

IMG_4171.jpg

IMG_4172.jpg

IMG_4173.jpg

IMG_4174.jpg

IMG_4175.jpg

Last edited:
If it were me and nothing was functionally wrong, I’d send these pictures to whoever sold it to me and get the biggest partial refund I could and then install it. But I’m not a stickler for scratches and dent pile.

I'd be disappointed if that's how it arrived to me.

That's a bummer. You will never see most of those marks when it's mounted and over time and use you will accumulate more. I have the same rack and using a touch up paint pen, those areas will be virtually indistinguishable from the rest of the rack. None of the damages appear to involve the dovetails audio would affect functionality. I agree with getting a partial refund to offset your heartache.

You deserve a 50% discount, IMHO. That's what I'd be asking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom