ARB Awning on the Bushrat (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That awning looks awesome on the 4R. Definitely need to get one for mine, and yes I know what # means. I am young but not of the hashtag generation, I had to look up what that even meant a while back.

I still don't know what a hashtag is, what it means, or why I should care.

Better get some good sand anchors, you don't want a repeat of mine. Which beach was that with the nonstop wind?

BTW, I got 3 more weeks. you guys better have a meeting or go mtn biking with me or I'll have to say Adios! via Mud.

Haven't you left already for crying out loud? :) We had a lunch get together today.

One of the local surplus stores has camo netting. I'm thinking about getting a roll and using it on the sides. It will block the sun, and breath so it doesn't get too hot under the awning. I just don't remember what sizes they had.

Home Depot/Lowe's also have these shade sail cloth and come in various colors. Just a FYI.

One of the local surplus stores has camo netting. I'm thinking about getting a roll and using it on the sides. It will block the sun, and breath so it doesn't get too hot under the awning. I just don't remember what sizes they had.

Donedeal.
Awning with camo (1).JPG

looks good! now you'll be camping in style. looks like you'll have to wait 'til hurricane season is over though. :D

Looks like you'll have to wait 'til hurricane season is over though. :D

Ya, Hurricane Simon is pointed right where I was going. Forecast to hit on Thursday.

ep201419_5day.gif

So where did you get that camo netting. We used the awning a week ago and it would have been nice to have something on the up wind side that didn't really catch the wind but would have slowed down the rain and wind a little.

I believe it was Surplus City on Central, east of Eubank. I also found it online cheaper, but they were out of stock ... so I paid more. Surplus City had two sizes. The roll I bought was 6' x 8'. Historically they have also had an 8' x 10' option, and a 10' x 20' option, but I don't remember what the second size was they had when I was there.

I think I will like the camo since it does breath.

I believe it was Surplus City on Central, east of Eubank. I also found it online cheaper, but they were out of stock ... so I paid more. Surplus City had two sizes. The roll I bought was 6' x 8'. Historically they have also had an 8' x 10' option, and a 10' x 20' option, but I don't remember what the second size was they had when I was there.

I think I will like the camo since it does breath.

Nice addition :clap:
Any advantages of the camo over shade screen?

Nice addition :clap:
Any advantages of the camo over shade screen?

No idea. I just didn't want something like a tarp that would retain heat. This netting is very light and I don't think it will heat up like a tarp can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom