ARB Air lockers? question.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am beginning to look into lockers..specifically the ARB air locker for my 1996 (since she doesnt have any.. :(). However I have a few questions. Below is what 4wheelparts has listed..and their prices.

[glow=red,2,300]Q1. [/glow] Which ones do i need below?..not sure which model.

[glow=red,2,300]Q2. [/glow] I assume i need a front locker, rear locker & a compressor..is there anything else i need?

[glow=red,2,300]Q3.[/glow] So..is it safe to assume that i will drop arond $1,700 on just parts..then how much $$ to install from a shop? approx.?

ARBRD02
Landcruiser To-'89 12-bolt full float HJ, BJ, 40, 42, 43, 45, 46, 47, 55, 60, 61, 62, 70, 73, 74, 75, 80 & 100 $698.99

ARBRD08
Toyota 8.875" SemiFloat 12 Bolt C-Clip - 30 Spline - All Ratios $698.99

ARBRD33
Land Cruiser 1990 and Up - Full Floating - 12 Bolt - 30 Spline - All Ratios $698.99

ARBRD92 Toyota 8" IFS - 30 Spline - All Ratios $698.99

Thanks and any assistance/advice would be great!
later,
joe

Joe,

Do yourself a big favor and visit with Mr Slee. He and his staff have probably forgotten more about ARB lockers in the 80 series than most other people know in total. His prices are fair and the product knowledge and after-sale support are second to none...........PERIOD.

www.sleeeoffroad.com Be there or be square...... ;)

Oh, forgot. No affiliation yadda, yadda, yadda. Just know how the guys there are......... :flipoff2:

there's one for sale right now on the Gotham list. new.

Christo's gang knows everything.

Even next time I'm buying new socks, I'm calling them. :flipoff2:

Hey Junk,

used socks ?
10_2_12.gif

Mike

[glow=red,2,300]C-Dan[/glow]
I have thought about going to slee's..but there is one small problem. I live west of Boston, MA. That would be a long drive to colorado! (but, i am thinking about taking an extended snow boarding trip out there.. :D)

[glow=red,2,300]JUNK in the trunk[/glow]
I just went to the Gotham websight..classified section. I didnt see it. Do you have more info on it?..who/where/$$

[glow=red,2,300]Mark[/glow]
do you have any pics you could send? Also..i have NO idea which front & rear lockers I need. Would this fit an early 1996 80-series?

later..
joe

I belief Junk is refering to Mark woytovich's which is the post just above your last one. Just bought tires from him and would highly recommend.

S.A.

Just keep asking Chag more questions. I need his post count to be higher quicker. :flipoff2: :D

You just need to get the tard edition of whatever locker you get. :flipoff2: :slap: :whoops: :D :D :D :D

I believe that if you contact Christo he may be able to fix you up with set-up diffs and possibly exchange them for you. I do not know for sure if he offers this service but it wouldn't hurt to inquire.

D-

your list is missing the front 80 series ARB, RD23. Rear is RD33.

the compressor comes with the harness, the lockers come with the switchs and air line.
you might wish to use the HD air line kit.
you might want to replace the diff bearings when it's apart, I think he ARB comes with a special bearing....kinda forget.

I would NOT buy anything from 4WP. But if you shop around you can get the lockers for $600 and the comp for $200(or less) Bt price isn't everything, I have always got my ARB from the shop doing the install.........just makes more sense and you have better come back(if problems) then if you bought the locker elseware.

FWIW I really like my ARB lockers.....all 5 of em :D

John H

[quote author=- S.A. - link=board=2;threadid=7790;start=msg65429#msg65429 date=1069296752]
I am beginning to look into lockers..specifically the ARB air locker for my 1996 (since she doesnt have any.. :(). However I have a few questions. Below is what 4wheelparts has listed..and their prices.

[glow=red,2,300]Q1. [/glow] Which ones do i need below?..not sure which model.

[glow=red,2,300]Q2. [/glow] I assume i need a front locker, rear locker & a compressor..is there anything else i need?

[glow=red,2,300]Q3.[/glow] So..is it safe to assume that i will drop arond $1,700 on just parts..then how much $$ to install from a shop? approx.?

ARBRD02
Landcruiser To-'89 12-bolt full float HJ, BJ, 40, 42, 43, 45, 46, 47, 55, 60, 61, 62, 70, 73, 74, 75, 80 & 100 $698.99

ARBRD08
Toyota 8.875" SemiFloat 12 Bolt C-Clip - 30 Spline - All Ratios $698.99

ARBRD33
Land Cruiser 1990 and Up - Full Floating - 12 Bolt - 30 Spline - All Ratios $698.99

ARBRD92 Toyota 8" IFS - 30 Spline - All Ratios $698.99

Thanks and any assistance/advice would be great!
later,
joe

[/quote]

You want RD 23/RD33 and a air source. By far the easiest (but not the best) is to use the ARB and all the harneses. At the shop we do it custom with Toyota dash switch, lights on the dash etc etc.

As for doing third member and shipping, yes it can be done, but due to warrantee reasons it would probably be best to do it locally. Also, find the shop, then buy the parts through them. Nothing like a customer that brings his own steak for you to grill.

[quote author=sleeoffroad link=board=2;threadid=7790;start=msg65665#msg65665 date=1069349038]
You want RD 23/RD33 and a air source. By far the easiest (but not the best) is to use the ARB and all the harneses. At the shop we do it custom with Toyota dash switch, lights on the dash etc etc.

As for doing third member and shipping, yes it can be done, but due to warrantee reasons it would probably be best to do it locally. Also, find the shop, then buy the parts through them. Nothing like a customer that brings his own steak for you to grill.

[/quote]

I agree 110%.........seeing how thats what I just said :D

Had a possible problem with my rear ARB in my fj60, shop(local) that did the install pulled it, Tim Lund from ARB came down and replaced the parts and rebuild the ARB(sent em back to OZ) no charge to me, ARB picked up the shop labor. If i would have brought my own ARB in to have installed I don't think the same would have happened. It was not a install problem, but just something odd with the wear in the ARB.....forget what exaclty, it worked fine however. I think I have prolly have more ARB/OME products than any one person in the US :D

John H

[quote author=Landpimp link=board=2;threadid=7790;start=msg65674#msg65674 date=1069349552]
I think I have prolly have more ARB/OME products than any one person in the US :D [/quote]

no sheet Pimp really? :flipoff2: :D

Dude, you also have more cruisers than like Toy USA ever imported... well, almost. :flipoff2: :D

Thanks for the info. Although, i am not going to get them now..however, i definitely want to.
Fortunately (or unfortunately? :rolleyes:)..i have to save as much $$$ as possible right now...for a ....gulp...engagement ring :D :doh:

I dont think my girl would like to hear..
"ugh..after 5 years..i was GONNA get you a ring..but i really needed a pair of slee sliders & arb air lockers first"

:D :D

BUT,..if i am careful enough I still might be able to slip the slee sliders in under her radar! :D

haha..
Joe M

[quote author=- S.A. - link=board=2;threadid=7790;start=msg65926#msg65926 date=1069380252]
Thanks for the info. Although, i am not going to get them now..however, i definitely want to.
Fortunately (or unfortunately? :rolleyes:)..i have to save as much $$$ as possible right now...for a ....gulp...engagement ring :D :doh:

I dont think my girl would like to hear..
"ugh..after 5 years..i was GONNA get you a ring..but i really needed a pair of slee sliders & arb air lockers first"

:D :D

BUT,..if i am careful enough I still might be able to slip the slee sliders in under her radar! :D

haha..
Joe M
[/quote]

Clearly you do not have your priorities strait.

You are suppose to build the rig prior to marriage. That way it gets done and it isn't our money. All of a sudden our money has to go to things like fancy paint in the living room.

It is like a CAT AND MOUSE GAME!!!

(the arb was tough to get past her :D)

Currently, i am trying to convince her that a "road trip" to COLORADO is REALLY for going exploring in Denver, Telluride and to snowboard...BUT we all know who lives just west of DENVER!! bouhahahahahahaha :D

Joe M.

Joe,
>> BUT,..if i am careful enough I still might be able to slip the slee sliders in under her radar! <<

I strongly recommend spending the ARB funds on a bigger ring. If you don't, you will get no peace at night.

:D

-B-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom