ARB Air compressor question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am installing the ARB Twin Hugh Performance air compressor on my Slee dual battery tray. I don’t see anywhere that I can mount the manifold. If all I am using it for is tire inflation do I have to have the tank or can I just connect directly to the compressor?
CF25134E-4356-4903-81B8-8E53493767FD.jpeg

Last edited:
I use it directly from compressor to my air line. A tank or manifold is a good idea, but not required. I want to use a tank so that the air has a chance to cool slightly before going into the tires. the air getting so hot as it goes into the tire makes the pressure readings a bit inaccurate.

It gets pretty tight in there, have to get creative with the manifold orientation
20210429_070354.jpg

There should be just enough room in that slotted section to run a couple of bolts. You'd have to change the location of those relays.

IMG_1487.jpeg

Edit... @Scrambled beat me to it, and with a cleaner install.

Also, look up the YouTube Channel ChowCares. He has some detail on how he has his setup done with the manifold and everything.

Thank you for the information.
Yup... I am looking to eventually add an OnBoard compressor, debating between the ARB twin or the next step down single. I have a compressor in a box currently and it works fine. Usually takes about 30 minutes to air up all four tires from 14psi to 38ish PSI because the further along I get the more it heats up and thus the efficiency goes down. I have no qwelps with the little Viair 88p as she has served me well for the last ~10yrs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom