ARB 50 Quart Fridge (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

mbarela

SILVER Star
Threads
Not sure if this is the place to do this but I just purchased and ARB 50 quart fridge from autoanything for $702.56 regular $877.80 with SAS20 code. I had to use live Chat to purchase it because it would not take straight online. Also FREE shipping. Just letting everyone know if your interested.

That's a fair price considering it includes shipping

I thought that was an excellent price. I have not found one cheaper.... I guess I'm going to have go find out all he tricks, lol....

I should have said that is a "very" fair price. The closest I have seen is about $50 more plus shipping.

**Edit** I guess I haven't been shopping for them lately. That is an excellent price, here's the link.
http://www.autoanything.com/travel-accessories/65A5734A0A0.aspx looks like it would be less that $650 for a 37qt

Last edited:
I ordered one :D

That's cool, I hope you at least got the same deal or better.... Mine is being delivered on Monday...

Same deal, worked without having to use live chat. Ordered it Thursday evening, but it hasn't shipped yet.

That's good, every time I would check out it would drop the discount, that's why I had to use the chat... Did you order the slider or the cover also?

Just the fridge for now

I know you so all your own work. How hard do you think it would be to make a slider do it.

I think $350 for the slider is a little extreme but I hadn't thought about making one until you mentioned it. Good sliders are $70 to $100 plus fab work may make the factory one worth the money.
I have 3 different vehicles and a 5th wheel that I think I will use it in so I don't know that a slider would work for me.

I have a video of guy who made one... He said it was relatively cheap.... I'll post it so you can take a look... I have about 5 sheets of stainless steel but I'm not sure what gauge... It's still boxed up. Hopefully we could meet up and come up with something inexpensive but stout

Lets see the video, I would be willing to try it

Damn, that is good work.

It is nicely done but I don't think his slides are heavy duty enough to carry a loaded fridge.

I can easily put 100# in those drawers.

You may be right but I would also prefer a lockable slide opposed ti a modify slide.... I would also like for them to lock in increments...

The ARB fridge and other like it have a CPU on board. This CPU must have good power so be sure to run thicker gauge POS + NEG cable straight from the battery to the rear cargo area. Otherwise, the computer will shut down the fridge if the voltage drops below a certain level. I've been fighting this on a smaller Waeco fridge that I have and so has Lynn for his large Waeco fridge. My 80 has the dumb Engel with a single knob which will keep running until the battery is flat, which is what I prefer.

I built a simple slider for the Engel many years ago using wood and HD sliding tracks. It looks like the one in the video and worked fine until the fridge got moved to a different spot.

The ARB fridge and other like it have a CPU on board. This CPU must have good power so be sure to run thicker gauge POS + NEG cable straight from the battery to the rear cargo area. Otherwise, the computer will shut down the fridge if the voltage drops below a certain level. I've been fighting this on a smaller Waeco fridge that I have and so has Lynn for his large Waeco fridge. My 80 has the dumb Engel with a single knob which will keep running until the battery is flat, which is what I prefer.

I experimented with the voltage settings and on the lowest setting it will draw a battery down to 10.5 volts and still be running. That was 2 days on one of the group 27 deep cycle batteries out of my 5th wheel and about a day on the stock Suburban battery. My lovely wife was not happy with the Suburban experiment. The highest voltage setting was useless in the Suburban as the voltage drop over 20' of 12gauge wire was enough to shut down the fridge. The Suburban has a auxiliary battery box so if the fridge gets used in it much I will set up with a battery and isolator for it. The pickup is about due for batteries so I will upgrade them when the time comes. I will run the ARB on the medium setting and see if my Duramax will start after the fridge quits running.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom