ARB 3413190 deluxe winch front bumper reviews (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have the 3413190 ARB Deluxe Bar. It is a great bar, looks good especially if colour-matched to the vehicle, but it is heavy, although there does not seem to be much weight difference between the various brands of steel bars. Even in Australia, the home of ARB, they are reluctant to give weight details. In casual conversation with one of their workshop guys, 70 kilograms (154 pounds) was mentioned, probably net of the removed OEM plastic bar etc but not including winch (which I do not have). I notice that amazon quotes 176 pounds (80 kilograms) but this may be the shipping weight?

My vehicle has AHC and copes with the weight with torsion bar adjustment to reduce front AHC neutral pressure into the correct FSM range. Adding a winch would be beyond the capability of my TB adjusters and at the least I would need to re-index or possibly replace with the stronger torsion bars. I do have the 1HD-FTE turbodiesel which is heavier that than the 2UZ-FE gasoline engine in the LX470.

In my case, this is an ‘overland bar’ for vehicle protection and avoiding disablement in the event of animal strike – and it has passed that test in action several times! The vehicle and the bar have been over some pretty rough territory over the last 5 years – no rattles have developed in that time and the bar remains as tight as when it was installed.

View attachment 2489492

BTW your bumper looks great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom