ARB 3413190 deluxe winch front bumper reviews (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Thinking very hard of buying one soon for my LX470 along with a Warn M8000 winch/snatch block. I've seen one poster talk about rattles, which would be a show stopper for me. Otherwise it's pretty much exactly what I'm looking for. Pros / Cons?

Thanks,

Chuck

Thinking very hard of buying one soon for my LX470 along with a Warn M8000 winch/snatch block. I've seen one poster talk about rattles, which would be a show stopper for me. Otherwise it's pretty much exactly what I'm looking for. Pros / Cons?

Thanks,

Chuck
It’s a good product, alot of little pieces so it will take a day or two to install, however its a well packaged and polished product, nothing is left out. I have installed them on both of my 100s, one with an m8000 which is simple to install if you are using the hawse fairlead, otherwise tightening the bottom winch bolts can be finicky with a roller fairlead. Expect to need to buy some longer ones than what comes with the warn. Make sure you install the rubber bumpers BEFORE installing the bumper to the vehicle.

if your 100 is light colored consider painting the lower part of the fenders and the valence under the grille. When you drill the hole horizontally through the frame horns try your damnedest to get them straight, will make mounting a lot easier. Other than that it’s simple to install.I don’t understand where this bumper could rattle if installed correctly.
Pros: finished product, low price, powder coated, detailed instructions, airbag compliant(100 uses deceleration sensors so I think every bumper could be “compliant”), crash absorbers.
The cons of the ARB are it’s size. It an overland bar not a rock crawling bar.

Thanks!

Thanks,

Chuck

I have the 3413190 ARB Deluxe Bar. It is a great bar, looks good especially if colour-matched to the vehicle, but it is heavy, although there does not seem to be much weight difference between the various brands of steel bars. Even in Australia, the home of ARB, they are reluctant to give weight details. In casual conversation with one of their workshop guys, 70 kilograms (154 pounds) was mentioned, probably net of the removed OEM plastic bar etc but not including winch (which I do not have). I notice that amazon quotes 176 pounds (80 kilograms) but this may be the shipping weight?

My vehicle has AHC and copes with the weight with torsion bar adjustment to reduce front AHC neutral pressure into the correct FSM range. Adding a winch would be beyond the capability of my TB adjusters and at the least I would need to re-index or possibly replace with the stronger torsion bars. I do have the 1HD-FTE turbodiesel which is heavier that than the 2UZ-FE gasoline engine in the LX470.

In my case, this is an ‘overland bar’ for vehicle protection and avoiding disablement in the event of animal strike – and it has passed that test in action several times! The vehicle and the bar have been over some pretty rough territory over the last 5 years – no rattles have developed in that time and the bar remains as tight as when it was installed.

2006 LC100 with Front Bar.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks much! I have the OME lift kit torsion bars (they are the same for the medium duty as heavy duty, difference being the rear springs). I do plan to put a Warn M8000 winch on. My gas mileage may suffer (already only getting 15 mpg) but it'll be worth it when I move back up into the mountains.

Also no rattles, and it's been on through some tough stuff. If you like it vs the other options, go for it.

Mine has been on for 2 years now with no rattles. I check the bolts on occasion but have not found any to be loose.

I just installed this bumper on my rig a few months ago. I installed it by myself in the garage in a few hours. I'm happy with the results and I have no rattles to speak of yet. The bumper is very well built and looks great on the 100 series. A few install tips...some have already been mentioned:

-The ARB instructions are terrible! Watch some youtube videos if you get stuck.
-Install the rubber bumpers beforehand. I did not and struggled to get all of the little nuts mounted to the screw posts.
-Take your time drilling the holes. If they are not straight/square you will have difficulty with the alignment.
-It helps to have a helper, but not necessary. I lifted mine "dead lift" style and it slid right onto the brackets.
-I had no instructions for the wiring of the indicator lights. I eventually figured it out. PM me when you get there and Ill try to help.

Also, I do not have a winch yet so I cannot speak to the installation of them.

Good Luck and post some pics when you're done!
4C359E14-464B-4E3D-92BC-826E24214769.jpeg

Thanks all I'm gonna go for it!

Keep us posted I’m curious about that small gap between the bumper’s top tube and the front grille when the hood open-close.

Keep us posted I’m curious about that small gap between the bumper’s top tube and the front grille when the hood open-close.

Will do

The install was easy there is not much going on there, mount the subframe to truck, then mount bumper to subframe.

Make sure you leave a decent gap between the wing and truck because when I am slamming down some backroads the bumper contacts the truck.

My hope is to purchase the bumper from Slee and have them do the install. These days just carrying an elk to the truck is enough for me :)

My hope is to purchase the bumper from Slee and have them do the install. These days just carrying an elk to the truck is enough for me :)

Sounds like you’re local. Save your money and come over to my house and I’ll do it for some beer. I’m in Arvada.

Sounds like you’re local. Save your money and come over to my house and I’ll do it for some beer. I’m in Arvada.

Sounds like a deal. I'm in Colorado Springs.

Thanks! I'm in Colorado Springs, hoping to move back to Teller County (Divide or Florissant) tired of the big city lol

Cool just shoot me a PM when you’re ready and we’ll set something up.

I worked out this diagram for installation on an LX470. I kept the parking lights in the original LX position.

1609514492403.png

Then wired up ARB lights to existing wiring. I used some Toyota style plugs that I got from Owl Expedition for future quick disconnect/connects.

1609514659182.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom