ARB 3211050 Non winch bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello, I am considering a replacement of stock bumper with ARB 3211050 non-winch bumper. An older thread on this similar subject suggested the difference in weight is about 60lb. The current version of ARB bumper per the spec is 137lb. The stock is about 35Lb, a 100lb less. Has anyone had experience in handling or ever noticed sagging caused by the added extra 100lb if a heavier bumper is installed? I appreciate any input.

I have a winch-mount version, it's mounted on the truck so I can't check the weight but there is no way the ARB winch mount bumper is anywhere close to 137lb, I would bet money it's less than 100lb out of the box, especially without a roller fairlead installed. I would imagine the non-winch bumper would be close or slightly less.

I took some photos with rough tape measure measurements from the center of the hubcap to the lip of the fender flare, based on those photos it appears I only lost about 1/4" & 1/2" ride height (DS & PS) on my tired 25 year old OEM springs, but then again I was eyeballing the center of the hub caps with the tape measure end so the error bars on my measurements are at least that much, which is probably why the two measurements differ. It looked fine so I wasn't too stressed about it, plus I'd phoned it in on the initial measurement and there was no going back.

IMO you don't have to worry, even with a stock suspension. When people throw a big winch in there, that's when you gotta worry.

I had an ARB non-winch bumper installed on my ‘94 back in March. I believe it weighs 140lbs. 10mm coil spacers had to be installed on my rig in order to keep the front end from drooping because of the added weight. You will likely need coil spacers if you plan on keeping the stock suspension.

5AC40934-05C5-4D4A-84BB-3BD423728251.jpeg

Last edited:
I put on a BIOR tube bumper, which only weighs 85 pounds, and my front end sagged by a full inch. This is with TJM Progressive (i.e. very soft) springs, so your experience may differ, but yes, I noticed sagging :) I also noticed a difference in handling, but I would call it an improvement! I'll probably get spacers to bring the front end back up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom