ARB 03+ Combo or Sahara bar optional fog lights - what bulb type? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
ARB 03+ Combo or Sahara bar optional fog lights - what bulb type?

I dont see it anywhere on this stupid piece of paper that came with them. One is already blown out and I installed them in November.

Pull the blown one, type should (maybe) be on it.

that your way of saying I have no idea? Sorry, its raining here and I dont feel like taking apart the housing to pull the bulb, put back together just to take it back apart after I go get a pair of bulbs.

Loud,
This might help if you want amber lights:

Part number hgc12055 bulbs will give you an amber light color they are $26 each, just swap the clear bulbs that come with the ipf light kit.

ARB 03+ Combo or Sahara bar optional fog lights - what bulb type?

I dont see it anywhere on this stupid piece of paper that came with them. One is already blown out and I installed them in November.

Ooooo, they're H3! I have the yellow PIAA H3s in my stock housings downstairs, time to get dirty! Thanks

wow, changing the bulbs on these suck. I wonder if the australians have learned that you dont need screws on everything, a simple clip would hold the bulb in....kind of like how Hella and Toyota design their housings.

hmmmm..... good info. I'm still trying to find the right light to fit in my combo. I'm going to put lightforce 240's above the winch, but don't know of the best 4" light for the blanks.

wow, changing the bulbs on these suck. I wonder if the australians have learned that you dont need screws on everything, a simple clip would hold the bulb in....kind of like how Hella and Toyota design their housings.

Thanks yoter!
I had the 520's mounted in my Expedition One bumper for my FJ. I thought they were decent fog lights. I'll look into the 510's. I imagine the modification was the bracket? I'm talking to C-dan regarding the factory connection. I have to go to the garage and get some number off the backside of the factory fog light connector.
Thanks for the tip.
BendFJ

PIAA 510's fit pretty damn good. Almost perfect with a little quick/ easy modifications..... Just a heads up.

ya i actually wasnt able to figure out how to use the bracket so i cut some stuff off and used a few screws. (which made it kinda permanent, but not really)

Didnt use the factory fog wiring. wired them up separately.....

Oh and btw, ive got four 520's mounted up on the bumper. They are very good lights in my opinion. Very pleaeed. I know they would beat louds 3 hellas any day. :flipoff2:

I'm pretty sure the hella's work well. I can make someone 5 cars up move over to the right by blasting the lights thru the first 4 cars. Do the 520s do that?

I just ordered the Hella angel eyes for about $60 bucks. If they work better than the PIAA's...I just scored. I also took into consideration I can replace them easily because of the many rock chips/cracks we get in Central Oregon. They are 55watt and will a good comparison to the PIAA's.
I will be lighting up the night with two Lightforce 240 HID's soon.

I'm pretty sure the hella's work well. I can make someone 5 cars up move over to the right by blasting the lights thru the first 4 cars. Do the 520s do that?

ya i actually wasnt able to figure out how to use the bracket so i cut some stuff off and used a few screws. (which made it kinda permanent, but not really)

Didnt use the factory fog wiring. wired them up separately.....

Oh and btw, ive got four 520's mounted up on the bumper. They are very good lights in my opinion. Very pleaeed. I know they would beat louds 3 hellas any day. :flipoff2:

Oh most definitely... and has been teszted. The first one moves over almost instantly! Its awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom