AR 767's or something similar (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
OK....now that I have searched the forum and read every post about wheels, I am very very confused?????

I am rolling a stock '88 62 and would like to add new black wheels ASAP.

I am confused about what will fot without rubbing. Right now I run 31 x 10.50's on stock wheels.

I am planning on adding a 2" shackle lift and would really like to have a little wider stance, but without using spacers. My biggest concern is that I have no caliper rubbing and second that I could possibly upgrade to 32's or 33's at a later point and look great and perform well.

So if anyone can tell me what the backspacng number is if I want the wheels/tires to barely extend past the fender...I'm not looking for a huge offset just enough to look stout.

Props to 3PUTTCOP for this photo....this is what I am looking to achieve.
attachment.php

Sorry for stirring up this topic..just very confused after reading all those posts that seem to contradict each other.

It's always been 6 on 5.5 with 3.5" backspacing max. to clear the tie rods.

The confusion is the result of differences in manufactured wheel cutout patters that might rub against the brake disc. Your brake discs can be easily ground down to fit the wheels with no negative affects. Some still have to use small spacers even with the proper backspacing.

The other option is to have them custom made.

Thanks for the help....am I correct in thinking that 2.5" of backspacing will widen the stance on the truck?...or is it the opposite?

Looking for a little wider than stock stance....but don't want to look like a cheap low rider or something.

Sotagoon said:
Thanks for the help....am I correct in thinking that 2.5" of backspacing will widen the stance on the truck?...or is it the opposite?

Looking for a little wider than stock stance....but don't want to look like a cheap low rider or something.

Yes it will widen it quite a bit. There have been several threads and pics of the 2.5" BS rims. 15x8 is most common. stock is 15x6 so if you go with stock BS then you will add 2" to each side of your stance right?

No pics of my set-up yet, I bought 15x8.5" with 3.5 BS. I think it shoudl look sweet with the 33x12.5 tires. Might move up to 35's eventually.

CaliCruiser said:
my case is a little different since i went SOA but i went a 15x9 with 2/75 BS on 35x12.5/15 and its nice. Like i said its different for me since i went SOA becasue i have plenty of clearance, but definetly widened the stance.
Img_0896.jpg

Man I love your rig!! Now all you need are bumpers!!

Mad props still enjoying it? DOne anything else?

3PUTTCOP, what is your suspension setup?

Thank you very much, i love it. Ya ive talked to Kurt about gettin an ARB still not sure on the rear set up yet. Got the con-ferr on there and adding lights.
Hijack over_Dylan
89s rule said:
Man I love your rig!! Now all you need are bumpers!!

Mad props still enjoying it? DOne anything else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom