Aqualu tub fitment issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks Rainman and not yet @White Stripe . I wanted to get some feedback on here first to see if there was anything that I missed or if I was an anomaly. I have emailed Aqualu a few times to get some help but have not heard back so I'll try calling. This has just been a complete nightmare and I should have kept my original tub and patched it. It would have been quicker and cheaper in the end.
Without pics it's hard to tell what your issues are. Did you look at my build thread? You have to keep in mind a aqua is not a duplicate of a original tub. It is different. Things will fit different. Door gaps will be different. But in the end it can look very good.

Yes my gas tank cover fit everywhere except the door jam, also. I have a tub from 2004. You would have thought they could have tweaked it after 17 years. My front clip is all aluminum except for the hood. Man that took a lot of blood, sweat, and tears to find the best alignment. It still isn't perfect, but I don't notice it anymore. Keep the faith, improvise, and adapt.

Ironically, there was the same gap at the door jam on the CCOT tub - cover sat about 3/8" high along the sill. Definitely funny stuff in the aftermarket world...(tank was new OEM).

The upside is that some of the things that grind your gears during assembly are much less noticeable once it's all together.

Ironically, there was the same gap at the door jam on the CCOT tub - cover sat about 3/8" high along the sill. Definitely funny stuff in the aftermarket world...(tank was new OEM).

The upside is that some of the things that grind your gears during assembly are much less noticeable once it's all together.
Very true. All I did to make it work was trim off the 90° bend on the tank cover that bolts to the door jam. It looks fine and only the most hardcore purist would even notice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom