Events/Trails APRIL Run of the Month - Saturday, April 15, 2023 - Bradberry Cabin loop (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mark your calendars for the April 2023 Run of the Month! This run will take place northeast of Tucson, see below for more details! Thanks to @Stepmurr for sharing his vast knowledge of this area.

When: Saturday, April 15, 2023

MEETUP DETAILS: 9:30 AM at Oracle, AZ Circle K gas station
2000 W American Ave, Oracle, AZ 85623 2000 W American Ave · 2000 W American Ave, Oracle, AZ 85623 - https://goo.gl/maps/cvYXuWds2ivoNmWy9
After gassing up meet in the adjacent dirt lot. We will plan to pull out of the gas station by 9:45 AM sharp!

The meetup spot is about a 2-hour drive from the Phoenix Valley, so plan accordingly.

About the run:

This is one of the most scenic routes I've run if you are a fan of Sonoran desert flora: thick "forests" of saguaros, cholla, ocotillo, and more. The hope is that we will hit this area at a prime time for spring desert blooms! The trail is a loop and we will plan to make it to Bradberry Cabin and stop there for lunch (plan to bring your own) before continuing on to finish the loop.

The trail should be stoker friendly HOWEVER I would recommend at minimum rock rails/sliders, especially if you are not an "experienced" off-road driver.

This will be organized as a day trip and we will finish up with plenty of time to book it back to the Valley or Tucson, but I myself will plan to be camping Saturday night at a location TBD and invite anyone else keen on the idea to join me! (Possibly camping near Chimney Rock area)

We will be using HAM for trail communications and it is highly recommended that even if you are unlicensed that you carry a handheld HAM radio for listening purposes.

If you plan to attend please chime in below!

Attendees:

1. Abigail (camping)
2. @TheGrrrrr
3. @AZdan
4. @DesmoPilot (camping)
5. @Hank Tank (maybe)
6. @cruzer971 (maybe)
7. @Nphosek + guest
8. @Saddletramp
9. Saddletramp's friend Jim
10. @Otter (maybe)
11. @jgoldstein
12. Mysterious new potential member
13. @brian az
14. @muttsinapig
15. @Mattman (maybe)
16. @jkl72-40 (maybe)
17. @GeoRoss camping and maybe trail
18. @mtn biker (maybe)
19. @Fishbone60
20. @drenmaster
21.Jessica cuzzi

Sorry guys I’m new to this forum. I’m in and might camp depending on my work schedule. Coming from surprise. :)

E58024EA-C801-4135-B97F-B63BC29F4E40.jpeg

Last edited:
IMPORTANT! I forgot to list in the original post (now updated) that you'll need to have a State Land Trust Permit for this run as we do cross Trust Land!! It's $15 for a year permit and it's something you should have anyway, see here for how to get it, takes about 2 minutes! https://asld.secure.force.com/recreationalpermit/

Last edited:
I looked at my calendar and that weekend for me is starting to look really busy but I think that I might set up a smaller pre-run the week before to give you guys a heads up. I'll keep you posted.
Please let me know if you go the week before - it will give me a chance to test the Taco repairs.

Please let me know if you go the week before - it will give me a chance to test the Taco repairs.
it is looking like no. Uma needs more tlc before long trip

I would like to sign up for this as well. I’m in Goodyear. I have a 98 LX with a conventional suspension swap, OME lift and good AT tires. No sliders, no rear locker. I would be in for the camping also. I do have my state land permit.

Add me to this as it may work out better for me as well

Might have a Jeep friend tag along for the day on this run. Graham and I are definitely in for the run and camping overnight.

I'm unable to go the 15th but could go the weekend of the 7th or 8th. Or something shorter. I'm in Catalina. @Stepmurr

Have another guy tagging along. He is not on the forum but has the link to the thread. Has a sweet SAS pickup.

I'm unable to go the 15th but could go the weekend of the 7th or 8th. Or something shorter. I'm in Catalina. @Stepmurr
I won’t be able to go anywhere this weekend.

The trail isn’t hard to find if you want me to send you a GPS track.

Take pictures when you go!

Hello...if there is a better rendezvous location for those coming from Tucson, I'm in the group of folks that might take advantage of not going out of the way to Oracle, unless it's just better to all meet in Oracle. Thx!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom