April ROTM Official - April 25 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dissent

Questioning my life choices...
Threads
Save the date folks, April 25th! The April Run of the Month will be Mingus Mountain west of Cottonwood. The run is based on trail No. 19 in the AZ Backroads and 4WD Trails book 2nd Edition on pages 58-59. They rate it as Moderate. It will be Stock Friendly, I've got the lowest Cruiser in the club but it's gone to some gnarly places just fine. Total trail length is 19 miles.

I'm going to run it between now and then and post up additional details throughout the next few weeks. I'll post the meet-up spot.

UPDATED: We will meet up initially at the Chevron gas station at Cordes Junction at 8:30 AM which is at the I-17 and Hwy 69 intersection (19625 E Cordes Lakes Rd,I-17, Cordes Junction, AZ 86333-5102) I'll be on CB Channel 25 and monitoring HAM 146.460 (I can't broadcast yet).

UPDATED: We will then meet up with those coming from the north at the trail head at about 9:30 at these coordinates; 34.70746, -112.14943. It's just off Hwy 89A, take a right turn at the closed Prescott Day Picnic site. It's well signed. Don't miss the turnoff or you have to wait 3 miles to turn around...don't ask me how I know this. :| Unfortunately there's no parking lot, just line up on the right of the dirt road.

Last edited:
Im glad you made it after tax day hahah

Yeah, right? I was really hoping for some springs before the run but that won't be happening even with Tax day.

Just looked this up in the Backcountry adventures Arizona (pages 265-268) and realized this is the very trail I've been looking at for the past six months and wanted to work it in sometime soon. Shelf road heavy, elevation changes, historic mining area. Looks good.

Dave, are you thinking on running it backwards so the run ends in Jerome? There are many restaurants in cool turn of the century buildings for late lunch.

When you pre run it you will know what's best. Thanks for setting this up

Corrected: Start in Prescott and pop out in Cottonwood. Late Lunch in Jerome is perfect. Heard the Haunted Hamburger is hard to beat.

Last edited:
When i used to ride, we did the yarnell - prescott valley - jerome - 17 route, is this similar?

Sort of, it starts in Cottonwood and ends up in Prescott, pavement up to Jerome for lunch. I've not run it yet.

Cant wait!

No camping this time. Definitely next time!

Haunted Hamburger is also nearly impossible to get into unless you're willing to wait for a long time. There's deli just across the street that is great and has tremendous views from their patio...which is dog friendly ;) but there are many options in Jerome.

True. Camping is optional. I currently have obligations in town on Sunday.

I had originally considered a quick scenic run on the Schnebly Hill trail the next day after camping prior to heading out. If I can free up Sunday, maybe it could be "official". :)

Hmmm, I will try to make it. I will probably look to camp out as well. I know some spots to camp, and have a little more fun in the area as well.

We are supposed to go to a wedding that night. Might have to skip the wedding.

Smart Brices!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom