April ROTM - Montana Mountain (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Otter

All Access Pass Holder
SILVER Star
Threads
DATE - April 23rd & 24th

This will be an overnight trip.

We'll meet at the Gold Canyon Shell station at 9am. Be ready to depart at 9:15.
Address on Google is listed as 7138 US-60 (south superstition drive), Gold Canyon, AZ 85118

This is a 35 mile round-trip loop (according to what I found online). Should be stocker friendly. Trail goes up to 5,000ft. Hoping to find a spot at elevation for camping.

I have never done this trail before, so let me know if any information is incorrect.

If you've ran it and can provide any assistance, it would be greatly appreciated.

Post up if you're interested in making this run.

ROSTER
Saddletramp
Brices123 & Tina
1Louder
Longduck
Chrismanjs
ftbshop (?)
92LXAZ(?)
ScottyDog
Jclarke450 & Cruzrmama
Cruddz
Rooty245
Floggerdogger
Landcruiserphil

Last edited:
Montana Mountain - Always a good time, scenic, and popular run. A few pics from March run there in 2012 where a freak snowstorm added to the fun on the top half of the mountain. Back when I had my Red FJ60, Saddletramp and Longduck checking out the white stuff, coming out in a long snake of rigs.

60a.jpg
0312G.jpg
0312run.jpg

I had just sold my 80 back then to @LongDuck it was a great run. Thomas still has the same a smile 4 years later.

FWIW: My vote is for the weekend of the 23rd & 24th.

Not that Otter was taking votes.

Last edited:
<-------- yep, still have the same smile! Id be in for this run, if only to see it without snow!

I am in. It may be a "we are in" but no kids. Tina is undecided.

I'm in! Sounds like a good run!

I'm in and will plan on camping ~

Not flying back in to town until that Sat night so I cannot make this one. Bums me out as this is one of my favorite trails in the area. Have fun everyone.

This is an awesome scenic trail and not one to be missed. There really isn't anything technical but the "beauty for closeness and peace for proximity" is hard to beat. The history of the the area is also impressive. I would strongly urge anyone on the fence or apprehensive about it to get out! It's one that should not be missed and the turn out looks to be really coming together!

Hope this helps, forgive the actual bad photography.

IMG_2424_zpsuv0vu95m.jpg

IMG_2425_zpshjm2rn9w.jpg
IMG_2426_zpsun3ivybu.jpg

IMG_2427_zpskluaaf0o.jpg

IMG_2428_zpsr4hcabt8.jpg

Possibly in for partial day. Ran this a couple of years ago, great scenery in the spring. I believe it took about 6 hours for those wanting to know who are not camping.

Interested.

IMG_0220.JPG
IMG_0222.JPG
IMG_0244.JPG
IMG_0248.JPG

Some view from a few years ago. Easy, very scenic trail. See if you can find the line cabin at the bottom of the switch backs :)
73462_1628899652982_2141420_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom