Events/Trails April ROTM Kofa National Wildlife Refuge (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Phil looks like we just missed each other on Saturday. I drove down from Vegas Saturday morning on 95 and almost turned off at Palm Canyon but visited the Cibola side for a brief run off Cibola lake road. Looking forward to getting back out there this week.

Phil looks like we just missed each other on Saturday. I drove down from Vegas Saturday morning on 95 and almost turned off at Palm Canyon but visited the Cibola side for a brief run off Cibola lake road. Looking forward to getting back out there this week.

That would of been fun meeting.
I saw the Cibola Lake turn off, what is down there?
Great area so far over 200 dirt miles in KOFA and no one 👍

I'd like to join up for the Run on Saturday, but that map is not very clear and I'm not sure how to get to the meet up point. Can you give me directions starting from the 95 south of Quartzite ?

I'd like to join up for the Run on Saturday, but that map is not very clear and I'm not sure how to get to the meet up point. Can you give me directions starting from the 95 south of Quartzite ?

Hi John, By this evening all run details and maps will post here.

Traveling on I-10 exit at Vicksburg RD south to the gas station. Gas up and grab everything you forgot. This is you last chance.

Link to turn off 3249 E Sunnyside Dr to Vicksburg Rd

Time to air down

FRIDAY - From the gas station - Maps show your route to the KOFA cabin (below) and our camp site for Friday Night. I plan to leave just before noon on Friday to head up. From Tatum & Bell figure 2.5 hours of drive time to the Friday camp site. Allow more time for traffic, stops, fuel, and airing down.

Saturday - Leaving from the Kofa Cabin at 10AM sharp!

Lunch - At the Wilbank cabin, pictured below

Saturday Camp at the Hoodoo cabin, pictured below

Sunday - Leaving at 8:30 sharp

We will exit the trail on to I-10 via Harquahala RD 20 miles closer to Phoenix from where we entered.

Saturday - 30 trail miles
Sunday - 40 trail miles

►►CAMP QUIET TIME STARTS AT 10:30PM◄◄ If this is a problem you need to camp elsewhere

Questions?

Wilbank Cabin Lunch Spot

Hoodoo Cabin camp Saturday night

Last edited:
Do you have the GPS coordinates for the Kofa Cabin? I have the general area pulled up on my Gaia, but can't find the cabin on any of my layers. I'm heading out to meet you guys Saturday am.

will there be campfires at night?
planning packing and curious about firewood.

Do you have the GPS coordinates for the Kofa Cabin? I have the general area pulled up on my Gaia, but can't find the cabin on any of my layers. I'm heading out to meet you guys Saturday am.

+1 on this. I'm heading out early Saturday morning to meet up.

will there be campfires at night?
planning packing and curious about firewood.

Fire sure There is some wood on site and there is a wood stove inside the cabin also

I believe i found it on the USGS Topo layer on Gaia.
Lat: 33.50425
Lon: -113.87016

Communication via HAM, the usual frequency?

Screen Shot 2019-04-03 at 2.52.52 PM.png

I am leaving in the afternoon today. I plan to do some work at our plant in south Phoenix and shove off as soon as I get caught up on some administrative work I have put off... I should be on the road by around 2pm and will have a small head start leaving from the south west valley.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom