April ROTM 2014 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey Guys!
So I kind've wanted to get a feel for what people wanted to do. I recently hiked Arivaipa canyon to Turkey Creek to camp and it was awesome! I think if it was a little warmer hanging out in the creek would be even better.
There are two ways into the area an 'easy' way and the Rug Road way. Easy way is through Wilcox, and Rug Road starts near Mammoth. Rug Road is roughly 80 miles long and takes a good portion of the day complete ending in the Turkey Creek area. Camping usually happens when you go this way.
So, what would most people be more inclined to do? I will most likely camp in the Turkey Creek area regardless of which way I head in, but I think completing Rug Road would be alot of fun. Many things to check out on the way.
Anytime in April better for others?

I would be interested in camping on this trip and mid April would be my preference

Here is the map from the site and a picture of the hike I recently took through Arivaipa Canyon.

rugroadmap1.jpg

1974999_10102660859293542_1969240391_n.jpg

April 19 & 20 is Easter weekend. I am out (not that it really matters yet)

Oops didn't realize the holiday....

April 26 - 27 works for me

I am in. Need to dust off my truck after having it in hibernation for several months...

25th may be difficult as I have the work thing to do and then head out from Chandler. Could possible leave work early that day. Have you established a meeting place yet?

Trying to plan for this run. is the 26-27 set for sure and when/where would we meet?

And regarding the pinstriping; any classification system for it? Are we talking about taking the paint off to bare metal or just the usual brush taking the wax off (or buffable fine lines in the clear coat) ??

My vantage point is driving off a cliff is an insurable event; but insurance won't pay for wear and tear ... :lol:

sounds like a steep shelf road above the treeline might work?

That's funny Murf - naw - not planning to collect insurance. Rather, I'm just wondering about the degree of AZ pin striping people are trying to describe for this run (I've read somewhere to expect more than usual). I'd hate to go through something that leaves scratches similar to running through a barbed wire fence, or tight corners with rock overhangs that do paint and panel damage. That type of wear and tear takes the fun out of doing a run.

And yeah; I have the wrong vehicle for real off roading - I need a clunker jeep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom