Events/Trails April ride - edit again-- Chocco now!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TeddyBoy

Knighted by the King of MUD himself
Threads
Website
www.novatelco.com
EDIT: 3/6
RE-EDIT: 4/2 We're going with Plan B- Chocco!!! Yeah we aint fickle!!

too many folks dropped out due to work restrictions on Friday and the weathe rforecasst while not a total washout aint great either and Chocco is much more acceptable with a little rain.

At the meeting last night we have opted for April 5-7, this is NOT a day ride. This means ya gotta be self sufficient to include food, beer and extra gas.

If it rains of any substantial amount the week of the ride is cancelled and we'll go to Chocco I guess.

Last edited:
Anything nearby for us road-worthy trucks would be ideal for my first time (if I still have a rig - lol).

about the only legal wheeling in Ga is Durhamtown on the other side of Athens, Beasley Knob in north Georgia or Forest Service roads. If nearby means within 30-45 minutes of Johns Creek you're slap out of luck. FYI--Most of the off road parks have a mixture of easy - difficult trails.

Not many Beasley fans on here partially due to trail makeup and partially due to historical events.

The trails have been largely neutered the last few years which actually makes it a decent place for stock(ish) trucks but for the larger tire guys it's not worth dragging a trailer through the mountains for.

If you've never been make sure you check the NFS site as they close it at the drop of a hat due to weather condtions.

Beasley probably sucks now, I vote windrock if I have all my stuff done to my 80 by then. But I'd like a fsr ride with option of some of the trails you see on those country boys instagrams with their trucks sideways. We need to find one of those guys and get them in the club

While I hate to say it because I'd like to hit something new, AOP may be the best option. I watched some videos of Gulches and looks like there are only a couple of short good trails. We're doing Windrock for GSMTR in May, so that may be a non-starter. It sounded like the Cove wouldn't work for some although I wouldn't mind that ride. Isn't Mt. Aetna only one rock trail?

I'm in for wherever we end up.

I am a maybe for anything in the next month and a half. trying to get a truck together for the Gambler 500 in Alabama

Me and Patrick are looking like a go as long as the rain holds off. Cant wait to give the 80 one last ride before its off to the classifieds ;)

Cant wait to give the 80 one last ride before its off to the classifieds ;)

image.png

hmmm...I have always wanted to do the Cove :hmm:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom