April meeting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

May I suggest we meet at Ornery Brewery Taproom in Manassas VA. They've got good beer, a food truck, fire pits, and plenty of parking. I talked to Pete one of the managers, and he said he could accommodate us. He got excited and started showing me pictures of other events and/or meetings they've hosted. I say we check it out.

Bristow - Taproom​

Our Taproom is located inside our 20 barrel production brewery. As a Brewery Taproom, we only serve our beer in our taproom. We also serve select snacks and small bites including Nordic Knot Pretzels, Pretzel Dogs, charcuterie & cheese board creations from our Fairfax Executive Chef, along with other small bites.

8088 Flannery Ct. Manassas, VA 20109

Located off Wellington Rd in Bristow, behind Merrifield Garden Center, just 1.5 miles from Jiffy Lube Live Pavilion, with easy access off I-66 exit #43.

While officially a Manassas address, we realize that most guests will know this area as “Bristow” and therefore refer to our location as Bristow.

May I suggest we meet at Ornery Brewery Taproom in Manassas VA. They've got good beer, a food truck, fire pits, and plenty of parking. I talked to Pete one of the managers, and he said he could accommodate us. He got excited and started showing me pictures of other events and/or meetings they've hosted. I say we check it out.

Bristow - Taproom​

Our Taproom is located inside our 20 barrel production brewery. As a Brewery Taproom, we only serve our beer in our taproom. We also serve select snacks and small bites including Nordic Knot Pretzels, Pretzel Dogs, charcuterie & cheese board creations from our Fairfax Executive Chef, along with other small bites.

8088 Flannery Ct. Manassas, VA 20109

Located off Wellington Rd in Bristow, behind Merrifield Garden Center, just 1.5 miles from Jiffy Lube Live Pavilion, with easy access off I-66 exit #43.

While officially a Manassas address, we realize that most guests will know this area as “Bristow” and therefore refer to our location as Bristow.
I like the idea. I recommend we put it up for discussion and decision at this month's meeting.

EDIT: Upon looking at it further, they do not have food trucks on Wednesdays... only Thurs-Sunday, so that probably doesn't work for us. Maybe they'll add more days come summertime.

I like the idea. I recommend we put it up for discussion and decision at this month's meeting.

EDIT: Upon looking at it further, they do not have food trucks on Wednesdays... only Thurs-Sunday, so that probably doesn't work for us. Maybe they'll add more days come summertime.
Hey Stump I've reached out to Pete regarding the food truck situation. I remember him saying there would be a food truck on-site on Wednesdays. I will update everyone once I hear back.

This doesn't effect me right now because I won't be able to make a meeting until June, but that sure makes a long drive for people coming from the east.
What about us neglected folks out west?
Just kidding
I kind of like the idea of rotating the event around for different foods drinks and commutes. Might liven the events up.

I like Manassas also!
But it doesn’t matter to me.

Okay, I heard back from Pete. They do not have a food truck on Wednesdays. It is not busy enough. His food truck guy is hopeful that will change with the warmer weather. Pete suggested ordering pizza from Mama Mia's, grub hub, and/or door dash. Either way is fine with me. I like the beer and the atmosphere. It's a cool place to hang out. Not trying to take anything away from @Tikicruiser's place. There are plenty of food choices close by so you could grab something on the way to the meeting or just order it online. What do you guys think?

We can discuss future alternate meeting venues at Wednesday's meeting.

Also, we will be nominating new club officers. All officer positions have maxed out on their time in office and must be replaced.
If you are interested in a position, or want to nominate someone for a position, speak up at the meeting.

Looks like I might be stuck at work late Wednesday..
Don't miss me too much haha

Kilroys has never not been available. We just elected to not congregate there because the one meeting we had last Fall had about 12-14 people show up, but only 5-6 were comfortable going inside to the table. We can discuss the May options tomorrow and I’m pretty sure the vast majority of attendees are vaccinated now or will be by May. If someone isn’t vaccinated by May they are choosing to not try hard to get it.

Planning to be there

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom