April Meeting-4/13/09 in APEX (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.oldenorthstatecruisers.com
MEETING WILL BE IN APEX THIS MONTH AT CLINTS HOUSE SEE ADDRESS IN POST #29

April is approaching and we need to stay consistant with out meetings. It seems everyone enjoyed the OBX Trip despite the weather conditions the tail end of the trip. Camping was phenominal and it was really nice to
see everyone.

As we approach the meeting date we need to consider a few things, location, HAMOM requests, and meeting agenda. As for the agenda I have a pretty good idea of the items that need to be up for discussion. Future Trips, Adopt-A-Highway, Club Newsletter, Budget items for the year, and lets try and pin down some causes for the Charity Event which we discussed in the Outer Banks.

We also need to put something together to thank Fred Anderson for their generousity in donating a few items for the raffle Friday night.

My current lists shows we have a few needing front axle rebuilds, do we want to try and tackle 2 of these this coming HAMOM? Joe/Mike would you like to chime in?

Ryan Bernard has offered his hospitality again if anyone we would like to take him up on his offer.

Last edited:
April is approaching and we need to stay consistant with out meetings. It seems everyone enjoyed the OBX Trip despite the weather conditions the tail end of the trip. Camping was phenominal and it was really nice to see everyone.

As we approach the meeting date we need to consider a few things, location, HAMOM requests, and meeting agenda. As for the agenda I have a pretty good idea of the items that need to be up for discussion. Future Trips, Adopt-A-Highway, Club Newsletter, Budget items for the year, and lets try and pin down some causes for the Charity Event which we discussed in the Outer Banks.

We also need to put something together to thank Fred Anderson for their generousity in donating a few items for the raffle Friday night.

My current lists shows we have a few needing front axle rebuilds, do we want to try and tackle 2 of these this coming HAMOM? Joe/Mike would you like to chime in?

Ryan Bernard has offered his hospitality again if anyone we would like to take him up on his offer.

I would like to see a front axle rebuild. Ramon pointed out I will need one (imagine that) and seeing how it is done would leave me feeling comfortable to tackle it on my own down here.

As far as Fred Anderson I think we should try and print out a shot of our cruisers from the trip or a big picture of all of us next to them (at some point in time) and sign it and send it to him. Businesses love to hang that stuff outside their office in the halls or in the show room.

Good call on the picture Jason. I likely won't be able to make this meeting due to my Father's birthday, but I am going to send the tshirts via someone for those who won, but I forgot to distribute :whoops:

Ramon,

I can pick up the T-Shirts when I drop off your pants/fleece/gloves....

If Fred Anderson has a banner, it'd be nice to get a shot with it. Or maybe Photochop it into a pic from the OBX. ;)

I am not ready to rebuild my axle. I want to do both axles and brakes all at once and haven't collected the parts. Perhaps in May or June...........

I like the picture idea do we have a good one that will work, perhaps a beach scene? Maria?

Regarding the meeting, I would like to pin down the location for those who would like to attend can schedule, is everyone okay with High Point?

Also please post up if you have a repair you could use help with, this is a wonderful opportunity for you to use the knowledge and labor of the club to assist in reapirs and even modifications such as a bumper project or sliders.

I vote for this one.......In a large print. That wide angle is gorgeous! It shows good Cruiser representation. It would also allow for the full name to be printed easily at the top.

attachment.php

Oh and I vote that pic as well, for the already mentioned reason. Almost all generations of cruisers are present.

One more thing. Which charity event was discussed on the trip? The first thing that comes to my mind is helping families of fallen soldiers. There is also St Jude's Children's Hospital. Just a couple of ideas. The type of charity event may play a role in the charity cause.

Last edited:
I've got an idea for a fundraiser, keep in mind this is just an idea and if its not what everybody would like to do that is fine with me, but my younger sister goes to a school here in Greensboro that is specifically for mentally and physicaly handicap kids ranging in age from about 5-20. Its a really cool place that does lots of good things for them and teaches them a lot of life skills. I'm sure they would love the idea. Just a thought.

Can't make the 13th unfortunately. I'll be in New Orleans w/ the wife for our 1st anniversary.

I too cannot make the 13th. Celebrating my son's 2nd birthday.

The wide angle picture above is great!

Ramon,

I can pick up the T-Shirts when I drop off your pants/fleece/gloves....

Sounds good Brian. Give me a call and I can meet you, or if you are in the area you can swing by.

Ramon

My vote goes to that picture as well and has nothing to do with the fact that my junk is right up front :p
Seriously though, I love that photo!

Also, I think the Greensboro school would be a great cause, especially since we have a member with direct ties.

Yes, I like the fact that there is a personal connection with a club member. The Greensboro School sounds like a really good idea

I Agree

Yes, I like the fact that there is a personal connection with a club member. The Greensboro School sounds like a really good idea

THE GREENSBORO SCHOOL WOULD BE JUST FINE WITH ME. I LIKE THE FACT THAT WE WOULD BE HELPING A CLUB MEMBERS FAMILY AND MANY OTHERS :clap:

I like Stephen's suggestion to help the Greensboro school. Just to keep in mind, it could be a fundraiser or community service (maybe they need help with a project). I like Juan's idea to look at community service as much as possible so that it does not require alot of up-front expense by the club.

I am also fine with having the meeting an Ryan's. As long as we haven't worn out our welcome yet. :)

Lastly, I can volunteer a hamom to rebuild my 80's birfs. I have the parts ready to go. The only time consuming part will be that I would like to have the rotors turned because of vibration when the brakes are warmed up and applied.

Clint, do you know who can turn those rotors on sunday, I know Merchants is usually open on Sunday and sometimes Fireston and a few others may want to give them a call, I will see if I can find some numbers tonight and post them up for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom