April HAMOM (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone have any maintenance that needs to get done before STR? Three weekends left to prep...

Post up if you need help and we'll see what we can get done.

FYI, we can try to organize a HAMOM in May too. I have a front axle service to do on the 80 which will likely wait until then.

Anyone have any maintenance that needs to get done before STR? Three weekends left to prep...

Post up if you need help and we'll see what we can get done.

FYI, we can try to organize a HAMOM in May too. I have a front axle service to do on the 80 which will likely wait until then.

I will be pulling the motor and trans out of Jason's old rig next saturday. Brian is already coming down to help..... any more help would be appreciated.

Onlookers with beer in hand are welcome as well. :grinpimp:

Got all sorts of stuff to do but got no time.

Going up to Uhwarrie from 9-14 May.

I will be pulling the motor and trans out of Jason's old rig next saturday. Brian is already coming down to help..... any more help would be appreciated.

Onlookers with beer in hand are welcome as well. :grinpimp:

Remember this is contingent upon the status of Keefer #2 and #4! :D

Remember this is contingent upon the status of Keefer #2 and #4! :D

Ok well i'll be pulliing a motor all by myself next saturday :flipoff2:

Any help will be appreciated as well as onlookers with beer in their hands:cheers:

hmmm...

Well maybe I can make the drive if the government doesn't pass a budget I may off for a few days. :flipoff2:

Let me check the family schedule. I might be game, plus I want to meet with Kyle about 80 parts.

Anyone else have work to do before STR?

which 80 parts are you looking for I was talking to him the other day about what he had left.

Let me check the family schedule. I might be game, plus I want to meet with Kyle about 80 parts.

Anyone else have work to do before STR?

Clint if you go, I might ride with you if you have room.

I have a few things I want to do to the 40brfore STR.
Unfortanetly it is looking like STR trip is in jeopardy at this point.
Turns out that the military is not essential so I am already not getting paid. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

DEl

The 40 is running rich I think. Just want someone with a little more experience to take a look at the carb. I bought a new throttle spring and hope that will help it out. I also need to build an anti wrap bar. I can probably tac it in place but need some to finish welding it for me or at least inspect my attempt at welding it together.

Other than that the 40 has not let me down and I have been daily driving it since the last HAMOM.
I have done a few things to it here and there and plan on doing a few more things as I find the time.

DEL

As someone on else here can vouch for now as of today i have a tool that can help you adjust your air / fuel to the right place.

Have been known to weld / get you to weld right also.

Now if i can only get that person to intro themselves on another thread here. Very nice capable cruiser / cruiserhead.

Looks like there is enough going on for some local mini hamoms in each area.

In the triad :

Steve and I will be swapping out some castor bushings one day and installing a body lift.
As well but mostly under control a radiator and powersteering pump swap if any one wants to join/help/watch . all on an 80.

Jason, Just did the power steering pump on Robin's 80.

Hardest part on her's was the high pressure line / bolts holding it on. Actually already got a high pressure line for it too, but it twisted bad trying to take it off.

The 40 is running rich I think. Just want someone with a little more experience to take a look at the carb. I bought a new throttle spring and hope that will help it out. I also need to build an anti wrap bar. I can probably tac it in place but need some to finish welding it for me or at least inspect my attempt at welding it together.

DEL

Do you want to try and organize an "official" HAMOM or see if Darin can help you out? If you can still make it out to STR and are bringing the 40 on a trailer, you can probably get some input on the carb while we are at the campground. We'll probably be limited on repairs/parts, but you can get a lot of opinions...:hmm:

edit: I forgot you're running a 350. What sort of carb is it? Stock, Holley, Weber, etc.?

Last edited:
Is it a AFR gauge? I might like to hook that up and see if my 'pane is stoic.

:beer: R

Darin
Let me know when I can swing by your place. I am not sure what model Holey carb I have. I have even thought of just replacing it.
I dont require a HAMOM for the things I need to do. The biggest thing right now is just finding the time to get in the garage and work on the cruiser.

like I said the 40 is running fine I just want to keep improving on how it rides.

DEL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom