Apple CarPlay and Google Android Auto Naviplus Group Buy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've used the NaviPlus unit the past few days of driving. I really need that Android Auto interface. It's so much more useful than the stock interface. That being said, I still have some issues with it.

1. Whenever I use the mic on a call, I have to shout. I've moved the mic to the A-pillar using the included clip. But if I'm sitting in my normal position I have to shout to be heard. If I get closer to the mic, I'm heard better, but still have to be loud. I need to break into the dash again and look at the plug. I used Tessa tape to hold the mic male end into the mic input female end, but it could be they're not clicked in all the way.
  2. I use Android Auto for Waze or Google Maps and music (PlexAmp). However, the nav apps are all showing "night mode" where it's a dark background with dark roads/etc, even during daylight hours. I've gone into Waze (while the phone is not connected to NP) in the Android Auto app (this is important because starting Waze from the AA app starts Waze in a different view) and I've chosen to not use Auto Day/Night and manually set to Day mode. I still get Night Mode. Has anyone else run into this?
  3. I need to test out different audio apps. Using the steering wheel controls to skip a track in PlexAmp sometimes replays the current track. It can do that several times using the steering wheel controls. But I concede, this could be Plexamp. I need to test with another app.
Other than that, not really any gripes. Having Waze available while I drive is so nice.

1. I use Android Auto for Waze or Google Maps and music (PlexAmp). However, the nav apps are all showing "night mode" where it's a dark background with dark roads/etc, even during daylight hours. I've gone into Waze (while the phone is not connected to NP) in the Android Auto app (this is important because starting Waze from the AA app starts Waze in a different view) and I've chosen to not use Auto Day/Night and manually set to Day mode. I still get Night Mode. Has anyone else run into this?

Is your phone set to use dark mode (as a system setting, not just AA/GMaps)? This can sometimes cause maps to display in night mode 24/7.

Is your phone set to use dark mode (as a system setting, not just AA/GMaps)? This can sometimes cause maps to display in night mode 24/7.

So I feel dumb, but that worked. Here's why I didn't look into it. When I had AA on a different headunit, it would automatically switch between day and night. I even had Android 11 on the phone while I had the old HU and it still worked. Oh well. There's a schedule feature so this should solve issue #1. Now to look into the mic issue.

Any updates?

Yes, apologies for the delay. I was just on a half country trip, including a stop for games 5 and 6 of the World Series.

Received word that Naviplus has an updated unit available for earlier gen LCs, but they stated 2012-2015. I’m waiting for confirmation on 2008-2011. Also waiting to hear back about another group buy discount code.

Yes, apologies for the delay. I was just on a half country trip, including a stop for games 5 and 6 of the World Series.

Received word that Naviplus has an updated unit available for earlier gen LCs, but they stated 2012-2015. I’m waiting for confirmation on 2008-2011. Also waiting to hear back about another group buy discount code.

Thanks ty240...I've got a '14 so should be good. Are you saying that the current codes won't work for this new unit and should wait to for it?

I've used the NaviPlus unit the past few days of driving. I really need that Android Auto interface. It's so much more useful than the stock interface. That being said, I still have some issues with it.

1. Whenever I use the mic on a call, I have to shout. I've moved the mic to the A-pillar using the included clip. But if I'm sitting in my normal position I have to shout to be heard. If I get closer to the mic, I'm heard better, but still have to be loud. I need to break into the dash again and look at the plug. I used Tessa tape to hold the mic male end into the mic input female end, but it could be they're not clicked in all the way.
  2. I use Android Auto for Waze or Google Maps and music (PlexAmp). However, the nav apps are all showing "night mode" where it's a dark background with dark roads/etc, even during daylight hours. I've gone into Waze (while the phone is not connected to NP) in the Android Auto app (this is important because starting Waze from the AA app starts Waze in a different view) and I've chosen to not use Auto Day/Night and manually set to Day mode. I still get Night Mode. Has anyone else run into this?
  3. I need to test out different audio apps. Using the steering wheel controls to skip a track in PlexAmp sometimes replays the current track. It can do that several times using the steering wheel controls. But I concede, this could be Plexamp. I need to test with another app.
Other than that, not really any gripes. Having Waze available while I drive is so nice.
1. My audio varies based on which iPhone I have plugged in. iPhone se is so tinny it’s hard to use. iPhone 11 sounds much better. Native system Bluetooth sound the same with both phones, vastly better.
3. I also get the track repeated pretty regularly when I skip. If I just doing it once in the middle of a song, it works correctly 100% of the time. If I try to skip multiple songs in a row, it always trips. The next songs info shows on the screen for a second and then the song I’m skipping starts from the beginning.
Naviplus says phone audio is what it is. No way to improve it currently. Haven’t asked about the poor skip feature.

1. My audio varies based on which iPhone I have plugged in. iPhone se is so tinny it’s hard to use. iPhone 11 sounds much better. Native system Bluetooth sound the same with both phones, vastly better.
3. I also get the track repeated pretty regularly when I skip. If I just doing it once in the middle of a song, it works correctly 100% of the time. If I try to skip multiple songs in a row, it always trips. The next songs info shows on the screen for a second and then the song I’m skipping starts from the beginning.
Naviplus says phone audio is what it is. No way to improve it currently. Haven’t asked about the poor skip feature.
Have you looked to see if you have the same EQ playback setting in both phones?

Thanks ty240...I've got a '14 so should be good. Are you saying that the current codes won't work for this new unit and should wait to for it?

Naviplus just informed me the coupon code is active and the new units are in! You can find the Land Cruiser units here.

Update #5: Naviplus just informed me the coupon code is active and the new units are in! You can find the Land Cruiser units here.

Update #4: It seems that all models previous to MY2016 require modification to the oem unit to bypass touch selections. The plug and play option will be available in two months. If you’re willing to wait then another group buy will follow.

Update #3: Naviplus says 2013-2015 LCs will require modification of the oem units to bypass touch selections. A plug and play option will be available in a couple months. For those that are willing to wait, I’ve asked them to offer a discount code when the new unit is available.

Update #2: I’ve just been informed that the discount is 100AUD for those with a Lexus and the discount code is APR5. Naviplus says the Lexus units are already priced as low as possible.

Update: The discount code has been provided by Naviplus. Please keep an eye out for a pm. As per the agreement with Naviplus, Please refrain from sharing or releasing the code to others. Code will expire by September 5th, 2020. Thanks!

Naviplus has agreed to a flat 200AUD discount code. The offer will be a limited time offer and you will need to add your name to this thread in order to receive the code via pm. They do not want the code to be released on the internet.

*The sign up list will be available until Saturday, Aug 22, 2020.

Original post below:
For those that have been following the CarPlay thread here, I’ve reached out to Naviplus in Australia and they’re willing to offer a group buy. No details yet as to the quantity required or how much of a discount, but I assume over $100 because they offered a coupon code APR5 for $100 off of any unit. The code is for mud members that can’t wait for the group buy to end.

Toyota Land Cruiser
2009-2013
2016-2018 (Resistive)
2018+

Lexus LX570
2007-2012

I’m unsure why Toyota model years 2008 and 2014-2015 are not included, but would contact them with any questions. They respond very quickly. I believe late model Lexus owners already have an option from beatsonic at a lower price point.

Please respond in this thread if you’re interested so I’m able to give them an approximate number of buyers. You will not be required to prepay as it will just be another coupon code with a direct order from the site.

1. ty240
2. ferrisbueller
3. moby
4. jerbintennessee
5. omahawk200
6. casual cruiser
7. jprince
8. jefo13
9. atwoz
10. chris777
11. txmeatball
12. tabraha
13. j54
14. bennygp
15. mooneywa
16. chowchilla
17. scottsndale
18. danny noonan
19. cru1s3r
20. ravivt
21. bulletsmith
22. epc3
23. kms254
24. seajeff
25. jbssfelix
26. jamgolf
27. capital e
28. bigdaddy200
29. laserturbo91
30. onesprung60
31. dmoz
32. fdmd
33. propofol
34. jdbearden
35. gentimmy
36. talkingmeds
37. austindave
38. spoetzl
39. aflamm
40. sc4ta
41. joltman
42. maluch
43. indycole
44. tonyholland00
45. iowalc200
47. dntlflosstycoon
48. mars911red
49. thomasgs4
50. drcocacola
51. jzelnick
52. scderby
53. landyandy
Could I get in on the group?

Curious if anyone has dealt with the customer service at Naviplus. Thinking about buying one after going in circles with GROM and their VLine. FYI... GROM has horrible customer service. Story for another post, but I would advise no one to buy from GROM.

Curious if anyone has dealt with the customer service at Naviplus. Thinking about buying one after going in circles with GROM and their VLine. FYI... GROM has horrible customer service. Story for another post, but I would advise no one to buy from GROM.

I purchased from NP and I would say they're pretty responsive. I would have liked some more detailed responses to my specific question, but I was able to get the unit installed. Someone on another thread mentioned that there's a guy from NP who is on WhatsApp and helped him via chat on that app. I won't install any Facebook apps on my devices, so I don't know if that's still true.

My only issue is that the microphone input is very low. I have to shout very loudly to be heard. If I move very close to the mic (about 6-8 inches) I can barely be heard. I originally had the mic just above the rear view mirror, but NP asked me to move it closer. So I moved it to the A Pillar and am still having the same problem. I plugged the male mic end into the female end on the new harness, but I can't remember if I pushed "really hard" to get them together. I then used Tesa tape to wrap that connection (as well as the male/female AUX connections). I'll have to break open the dash again to verify a solid connection.

I purchased from NP and I would say they're pretty responsive. I would have liked some more detailed responses to my specific question, but I was able to get the unit installed. Someone on another thread mentioned that there's a guy from NP who is on WhatsApp and helped him via chat on that app. I won't install any Facebook apps on my devices, so I don't know if that's still true.

My only issue is that the microphone input is very low. I have to shout very loudly to be heard. If I move very close to the mic (about 6-8 inches) I can barely be heard. I originally had the mic just above the rear view mirror, but NP asked me to move it closer. So I moved it to the A Pillar and am still having the same problem. I plugged the male mic end into the female end on the new harness, but I can't remember if I pushed "really hard" to get them together. I then used Tesa tape to wrap that connection (as well as the male/female AUX connections). I'll have to break open the dash again to verify a solid connection.
If it is any consolation, The GROM VLine has a horrible microphone as well. I had to yell. Now that I have taken out the VLine and am using the factory microphone, everyone can hear me again.

If it is any consolation, The GROM VLine has a horrible microphone as well. I had to yell. Now that I have taken out the VLine and am using the factory microphone, everyone can hear me again.
That's what I'm afraid I'll have to do. It just makes navigating the interface much more difficult. Not to mention that the LC stock phone app doesn't like pauses in a phone number. I have a weekly WebEx meeting I join and I added a contact that had the WebEx number, two pauses (commas) and then the meeting number and pound. The stock head unit doesn't dial anything after the pauses.

I had to email with them a couple times after my installer pawned off the install on his 19yo assistant... I showed up at the shop hoping the car was ready at the end of the day and they could not get into the service screen, and then couldn't get sound over carplay. BOTH were user error, and between myself and Naviplus emailing we were able to actually do the install while the "installer" watched. I had him strap/velcro everything down and put the dash back together after I got the unit running LOL.

Both times I emailed that day were between 4-5pm eastern which would be 8-9am Melbourne time and had replies back within 5min.

Update #5: Naviplus just informed me the coupon code is active and the new units are in! You can find the Land Cruiser units here.

Update #4: It seems that all models previous to MY2016 require modification to the oem unit to bypass touch selections. The plug and play option will be available in two months. If you’re willing to wait then another group buy will follow.

Update #3: Naviplus says 2013-2015 LCs will require modification of the oem units to bypass touch selections. A plug and play option will be available in a couple months. For those that are willing to wait, I’ve asked them to offer a discount code when the new unit is available.

Update #2: I’ve just been informed that the discount is 100AUD for those with a Lexus and the discount code is APR5. Naviplus says the Lexus units are already priced as low as possible.

Update: The discount code has been provided by Naviplus. Please keep an eye out for a pm. As per the agreement with Naviplus, Please refrain from sharing or releasing the code to others. Code will expire by September 5th, 2020. Thanks!

Naviplus has agreed to a flat 200AUD discount code. The offer will be a limited time offer and you will need to add your name to this thread in order to receive the code via pm. They do not want the code to be released on the internet.

*The sign up list will be available until Saturday, Aug 22, 2020.

Original post below:
For those that have been following the CarPlay thread here, I’ve reached out to Naviplus in Australia and they’re willing to offer a group buy. No details yet as to the quantity required or how much of a discount, but I assume over $100 because they offered a coupon code APR5 for $100 off of any unit. The code is for mud members that can’t wait for the group buy to end.

Toyota Land Cruiser
2009-2013
2016-2018 (Resistive)
2018+

Lexus LX570
2007-2012

I’m unsure why Toyota model years 2008 and 2014-2015 are not included, but would contact them with any questions. They respond very quickly. I believe late model Lexus owners already have an option from beatsonic at a lower price point.

Please respond in this thread if you’re interested so I’m able to give them an approximate number of buyers. You will not be required to prepay as it will just be another coupon code with a direct order from the site.

1. ty240
2. ferrisbueller
3. moby
4. jerbintennessee
5. omahawk200
6. casual cruiser
7. jprince
8. jefo13
9. atwoz
10. chris777
11. txmeatball
12. tabraha
13. j54
14. bennygp
15. mooneywa
16. chowchilla
17. scottsndale
18. danny noonan
19. cru1s3r
20. ravivt
21. bulletsmith
22. epc3
23. kms254
24. seajeff
25. jbssfelix
26. jamgolf
27. capital e
28. bigdaddy200
29. laserturbo91
30. onesprung60
31. dmoz
32. fdmd
33. propofol
34. jdbearden
35. gentimmy
36. talkingmeds
37. austindave
38. spoetzl
39. aflamm
40. sc4ta
41. joltman
42. maluch
43. indycole
44. tonyholland00
45. iowalc200
47. dntlflosstycoon
48. mars911red
49. thomasgs4
50. drcocacola
51. jzelnick
52. scderby
53. landyandy

Any chance this group buy is still available?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom