Apparently, bedliner...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I saw that one on Craigslist. Someone is putting the money in... That's for sure. There have been a couple of these listed for sale.

I wonder who is doing it. I know people like watching builds. They should contribute some tech to the forum :)

But seriously though.... kevlar? I thought it was just rubber... ?

This seller has at least 5 or 6 fj60's on eBay at any given time. All of them in the same price range. Very nice trucks.

Yup have seen those on ebay for a while now.... seriously the guy is asking how much now?! I always wondered what was going on with these trucks that he was asking so freaking much.

Nothing going on. Looks like the usual worn out suspension, spraybomb black undercarriage (even the knuckles & lockouts!), coat body with lumpy paint to hide defects. At least the tires are new.

Nothing going on. Looks like the usual worn out suspension, spraybomb black undercarriage (even the knuckles & lockouts!), coat body with lumpy paint to hide defects. At least the tires are new.

And, we have a winner! Jim Chenoweth, COME ON DOWN!

Generally I'm for anything that supports the price inflation of a vehicle I own, but I feel like this seller has a "formula" going that isn't good for the breed. He claims all his vehicles are rust free, but I want to see pics of the prep that happens before the bedliner goes on. I suspect shenanigans.

I have been looking at those ads for some time and thinking the same thing. Looks like they take the average 60, rhino line it, put an ARB front, dash cover and new tires/wheels on and maybe do a tune up. Price goes from $4K to $17K and they spent all of $3-4K to get there. What a deal.

Kevlar impregnated paint/liner is a real thing but I haven't read anywhere that it serves a function other than driving up the price due to the 'cool' factor. As a substance, kevlar can increase the heat resistance and viscosity of the components it's used in but is that an issue for paint?
From a functional standpoint I wouldn't trust 'kevlar' liner to stop a pellet gun bb so why shell out the dough when other liners look just a good if not better (if you're into that sort of thing)?

I have been looking at those ads for some time and thinking the same thing. Looks like they take the average 60, rhino line it, put an ARB front, dash cover and new tires/wheels on and maybe do a tune up. Price goes from $4K to $17K and they spent all of $3-4K to get there. What a deal.

and yet there are plenty of people falling for it, otherwise he'd be out of business.

no shortage of gullible/ignorant people out there, and will get taken advantage of at some point.

not good for anyone.

It's good for Brett Young and guys selling kevlar bedliner.

"Not a spec of rust!"

Looks like little specs on the hatch jamb areas....

I agree...lots of makeup on those piggies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom