App sensor faults in 5.3 Vortec (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Proud owner of my first FJ60 and the truck has a 5.3 Vortec swap. Since buying the 60 it has thrown the P1125 code for the accelerator position sensor about every hour after the truck gets warm. Initially a reset with a scanner will solve the problem but then after about another 15 minutes it will continue to throw this code repeatedly until the truck cools down again. Temp readings are in range so I don’t know how this is connected. I was told that the GM pedal assembly won’t fit ina 60 so this pedal assembly has been modified to work with the GM sensor. I don’t know if I’m dealing with a wiring issue, pedal assembly issue, or PCM issue. The throttle position sensor was changed as well and I did read somewhere that both sensors have to be calibrated together???? I’m leaning towards wiring or pcm because I also have O2S/ O2S HTR codes being thrown pretty regularly even after replacing the two upstream sensors (no downstreams on the exhaust). I also had to bypass the harness for the temp reading going to the pcm because there’s a short somewhere. Anybody run across these problems with a 5.3 swap?

Post pictures. We need to see what they did. What year 5.3? I"m assuming it's Drive by Wire and that's where you're having the issue. I have a 5.3 with DBW and the stock pedal fits. But mine has the separate TAC until, yours might be newer and have a different pedal. Lokar makes pedal that might work.

The trouble code indicates that the two sensors for the pedal are not in agreement, and there are several reasons that might be. Go to ls1tech.com and/or hptuners forum. There are guys there that know this stuff inside and out.

Post pictures. We need to see what they did. What year 5.3? I"m assuming it's Drive by Wire and that's where you're having the issue. I have a 5.3 with DBW and the stock pedal fits. But mine has the separate TAC until, yours might be newer and have a different pedal. Lokar makes pedal that might work.

The trouble code indicates that the two sensors for the pedal are not in agreement, and there are several reasons that might be. Go to ls1tech.com and/or hptuners forum. There are guys there that know this stuff inside and out.
It’s a 2004 Vortec. I’ll get some pics posted up and look into Lokar’s pedals. Thanks!

The pedal that was originally in the vehicle with an 04 can be made to fit with a little fabrication work. I've installed several of them. You can get one from a wrecking yard, just make sure to get the TAC module and harness section that goes from pedal to TAC with it.

The pedal looks like this or similar. when you get it, like on the right after you modify it. That mechanism is a pedal height adjustment.
10806288_867731353257757_1424780892980025285_n.jpg

10339693_867731393257753_3230676493582443729_n.jpg

If it's an 04, then Lokar can't help you. The lower pedal in the picture, that's not adjustable, will bolt right to the stock mounting plate. However, what you can't see very clearly in the pictures is that they shortened the arm. The stock GM pedal sticks way past the brake pedal. This is how I modified mine.

IMG_3964.jpg

If it's an 04, then Lokar can't help you. The lower pedal in the picture, that's not adjustable, will bolt right to the stock mounting plate. However, what you can't see very clearly in the pictures is that they shortened the arm. The stock GM pedal sticks way past the brake pedal. This is how I modified mine.

View attachment 1867700

That is exactly how I did mine. You can put it right where you want it and it looks factory.

I’m out of town this week otherwise I would have put some pics up but that is similar to my set up and it worked for the previous owner fine I suppose (he drove it from Idaho to Baja and back). What’s happening now is after about an hour of driving the P1125 will come up and after that it will continue to throw the code about every ten minutes. The O2S HTR code also kicks in. I just can’t figure out why it only does it after an hour is so, that’s what has me thinking it’s a short in the harness or I’m having computer issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom