Anything wrong with buying OME lift piece by piece? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all. I have worn out rear shocks that need replacing. I would love to do a complete OME lift now but lack the needed funds. Are there any negative side effects with replacing just the rear shocks with with OME's and getting to the rest of the kit as money allows? For instance starting with shocks, then shackels when money allows, followed by springs etc. Is one order of replacement better than another? Thanks

I would replace the shackles and springs at the same time.. You would have to replace the bushing and drop the spring to replace the shackles so better to just replace it all at once. The shocks I think are made for the added lift so just replacing the shocks first might not allow them enough travel.

I would throw on some used shocks on the back.. looks on here or ebay. Then save up for the whole kabob.

shocks

I just bought the OME shocks and put them on stock springs. They were the "firms" on a 86 FJ60. So far, everything is lovely. No bottoming or topping. However, I have not really gone on rough terrain. Try cruiser outfitters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom