Anyplace to wheel near Orlando? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CaptClose

SILVER Star
Threads
I’m in Orlando for business and I brought my 80... is there any decent places to explore or wheel around here? Nothing too gnarly, I just like off road exploring. I’m open for company if anyone has some time to hit some trails. Thanks all!

Nothing. You’re more then welcome to stop by for beers and chat. There’s almost always other Cruiserheads over here working on their junk too if it’s a weekend. :)

Saturday morning we’re drilling a 4” hole in @Das Shtig 100. Aka snorkel install

There’s Ocala National Forest and Citrus WMA which are decent forest exploring but they are each about an hour and a half drive. Day trips really.

Hey Matt, I may do that. Are you in the Orlando Area?

Yup. Winter Park.

Nothing. You’re more then welcome to stop by for beers and chat. There’s almost always other Cruiserheads over here working on their junk too if it’s a weekend. :)

Saturday morning we’re drilling a 4” hole in @Das Shtig 100. Aka snorkel install
Sometimes I think about a snorkel. But then the thought goes away. I like the clean lines of my 100 - no snorkel, no rack, no wing-thingy on the back... Pure wagon. I've forded water that pushed a bow wave over my hood, and never had a drop of water in my airbox. Snorkels are a good, fun addition for some, I'm not bashing them... Just not for me.

And like Matt said - any good wheeling is about 1.5 hours away.

I'm not into the snorkels either.
But you know I'm always down a to drill a 4" hole in the side of someone else's vehicle! :hillbilly:

Anyone else who want's to come by and hang out or wants to work on a cruiser project is more then welcome. PM me for address.

We didnt do any wheeling but @CaptClose came over and we got @Das Shtig snorkel installed, we got lunch, put the front axle back under my truck, then went out and checked out @Das Shtig band at Vanberries. Solid day.

59D65EE7-16AF-479B-87C8-3AC5A02A25A9.jpeg

Sometimes I think about a snorkel. But then the thought goes away. I like the clean lines of my 100 - no snorkel, no rack, no wing-thingy on the back... Pure wagon. I've forded water that pushed a bow wave over my hood, and never had a drop of water in my airbox. Snorkels are a good, fun addition for some, I'm not bashing them... Just not for me.

And like Matt said - any good wheeling is about 1.5 hours away.

Well, I had $125 on an Amazon gift card so I figured why not. I’ve made several water crossings, and I’ve gotten stuck in a river before. I’ll finish it off by extending my breathers and it will be nice peace of mind for the future. So in summary, I think it looks cool. :flipoff2:

Great seeing you guys yesterday. It was good to break away from the day job to do some fun work.

Here’s Matt gettin to work

E407198D-DE51-46B1-B0B1-0A5F57E60070.jpeg

Here’s another one of John... the man, the man bun, the myth, rocking out at the club last night. Look for this guy the Jimmy Fallon show soon!

EA9FE02C-4F29-421B-AFB0-7EDE4F50BC05.jpeg

Almost forgot about this photo of John goofing around on the roof rack haha

BE4E0E91-4057-4556-8075-27DE53D2A773.jpeg

Hey guys... flying in tomorrow night and will be in Orlando through Thursday. Let me know if you guys want to get together.

I'm flying out tomorrow. You might spot my cruiser in the MCO carpark. Back Thursday...

Hey man, leave the keys behind the wheel so I don’t need to get a rental car! 🤣

I’m in Orlando for business and I brought my 80... is there any decent places to explore or wheel around here? Nothing too gnarly, I just like off road exploring. I’m open for company if anyone has some time to hit some trails. Thanks all!
I'd join.

Anyone else who want's to come by and hang out or wants to work on a cruiser project is more then welcome. PM me for address.
Interested.

If anyone is trying to wheel anywhere around Florida next week post here or let me know. I have a week off and need to get out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom