Anyone with recent experience with Troa body panels out of Columbia? (10 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

workingdog

GOLD Star
Threads
All the posts I can find are years old. Apparently they are supplying panels to a company building fj40 in the states?

They make a full quarter panel with the upper lip/rail and the wheel well - exactly what I need. $260 for each side. $520 total. That's pretty reasonable. They say they ship very quickly. And they make a half tub for $2995. And they have fenders and rockers.

This is not the problematic vendor in Columbia everyone has trouble with.

Am I going to be the guinea pig?

Peter

All the posts I can find are years old. Apparently they are supplying panels to a company building fj40 in the states?

They make a full quarter panel with the upper lip/rail and the wheel well - exactly what I need. $260 for each side. $520 total. That's pretty reasonable. They say they ship very quickly. And they make a half tub for $2995. And they have fenders and rockers.

This is not the problematic vendor in Columbia everyone has trouble with.

Am I going to be the guinea pig?

Peter

Actually...I have video of a car just finished with them on. PM me. I’ll try and see about getting it uploaded for you.

Nope, did not.

Yes, the restorer I used found my windshield frame in bad shape. His labor to repair would have been higher than a new frame from CI TROA. Also, my frame was RHD. Ordered and paid on 11/24/20, and frame arrived in central Florida on 11/30/20. When the frame came in, the shop did measurements and felt the frame was solid and of good quality. It was sprayed with an overcoat to protect the metal. The shop I am using only does classic restores and is use to 3rd party body parts. Once assembled they did run into a couple of fit issues with the corners and two bolt holes. The shop still thinks it was the right decision.

Window frame in box

Window frame after stripping

Sprayed

holes not aligning

If the pics do not work let me know.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom