Anyone with ICON damper experience want to chime in (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads

None of my other 3 shocks make this noise. This corner can be harsh on certain bumps. No leaks, and these are only about 45 days old with only one trip on them.

It feels like there is a little play in the rod, I realize that the piston and rod are only supported by the lower seal but its moving, as I said, more than any of the others. I would send this to ICON but they don't have an email address I found. I will call them after Thanksgiving but thought I would ask here first.

I would definitely start by contacting Icon. (@DylanICON).

I'm sure they will be all over helping you resolve the problem.

I would definitely start by contacting Icon. (@DylanICON).

I'm sure they will be all over helping you resolve the problem.

Well if mud is to be believed he was last seen in this thread 2 minutes ago. What about it @DylanICON anything to be worried about?

The rod is supported in 2 places. The rod just by the seals and the piston guide band that goes up and down in the cylinder.
The rod bearing has a very little clearance play, and the piston band has a bit more for thermal expansion of the piston and the cylinder.
It is normal for there to be a little play left to right based on these clearance tolerances. When the shock is fully extended and those to bearings are close together it appears to be more , but in the middle of the stroke when they are farther apart it is more stable (it looks like it is jacked up at full droop???)

It is most likely fine and normal but that being said if you believe something is not right by all means please call our sales and customer service at 951-689-4266

The rod is supported in 2 places. The rod just by the seals and the piston guide band that goes up and down in the cylinder.
The rod bearing has a very little clearance play, and the piston band has a bit more for thermal expansion of the piston and the cylinder.
It is normal for there to be a little play left to right based on these clearance tolerances. When the shock is fully extended and those to bearings are close together it appears to be more , but in the middle of the stroke when they are farther apart it is more stable (it looks like it is jacked up at full droop???)

It is most likely fine and normal but that being said if you believe something is not right by all means please call our sales and customer service at 951-689-4266

50mm lift, on the ground (not lifted or at droop). I only went looking because something feels loose up front and I can't find anything else. When this week is over I will give them a call. Thanks.

This is why I love ICON! A+ company with personalized customer service. Nothing but class. The best! :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom