Anyone with a working 2f for sale. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I received an email today from someone in the Vancouver area (778 area code) looking for a used 2f. If you have one let me know and I can forward along his info.

"Have an 84 Fj60 that my son is working on for his high school mechanics project,
Do you have a 2F or know anyone that does?
Or another motor that fits without getting too technical and crazy
The Cruiser is virtually rust free but the motor has a hole in the piston and they can only do a swap not a rebuild at the school."

Thanks,
Ian

I have one with good compression numbers.

Located in Duncan.

~John

Or another motor that fits without getting too technical and crazy
The Cruiser is virtually rust free but the motor has a hole in the piston and they can only do a swap not a rebuild at the school."

You might suggest a 3B swap. I see Steve has a bunch of 3Bs for sale with all the stuff needed for a swap (including motor mounts). IMO, a nearly rust free 60 deserves a diesel swap. :cool:

A diesel or V8 would be cool. But given it's a high school shop class project, budget and timeline will be limited, working on it maybe one hour a day for the next 2-3 months. Staying with a 2F would keep the project reasonable. Take some time to clean up/reseal and prep the replacement. Steve used to haul running 2F's to the dump because there's no market for them, maybe he'd have one lying around for a reasonable price?

I wonder if this 60 is the light blue one orig from new mexico that had the engine knock, was for sale a long time :hmm:.

If it's the one, I looked at it a year ago. It was in aldergrove area. Light blue with black up to mid door. Not rusty but most panels were bondo'd. I assumed to make it look straight but had to be rough underneath. Guy selling it had rifle and shot shells in all corners of the truck. I asked and he said proudly he hauled out a whole moose on the roof (no roof rack) so there was still fur and bits in the gutters :hillbilly:. Think he was asking something over 2K (don't remember exactly), but said he would take less. I held out for something a bit cleaner.
How much of a project is he looking for, and does he want to learn body work?

If it's the one, I looked at it a year ago. It was in aldergrove area. Light blue with black up to mid door. Not rusty but most panels were bondo'd. I assumed to make it look straight but had to be rough underneath. Guy selling it had rifle and shot shells in all corners of the truck. I asked and he said proudly he hauled out a whole moose on the roof (no roof rack) so there was still fur and bits in the gutters :hillbilly:. Think he was asking something over 2K (don't remember exactly), but said he would take less. I held out for something a bit cleaner.

Body work on the truck or the moose? :D

He knows he has to first earn some $$$ and that anything he will be able to afford will be a project. I think he is counting on landing a decent job this summer. We'll see....

I didn't think learning body work was optional when buying an old Cruiser. :hillbilly:

Depends on $$$ for what the starting point is and his access to shop/tools/time/aptitude. It takes a lot to start with next to nothing and build something worthwhile out of it, you learn a lot, but people sometimes move on before their ideas have taken shape, and projects get abandoned.

Mostly I asked because there happens to be a 'project' hiding behind the shed that needs a home, as I'm sure many people have.

No spare 2F's here, but I have a tired F or 2.

Martin, right now he has no $$$. I've told him he needs to get a job and earn some $$$ first. Hopefully that will happen this summer. I haven't a clue if he will stick with it. I guess we'll find out if and when he gets the $$$ to buy something. He has access to my tools. Hopefully, he will also start to build his own collection of tools. We only have the garage in the house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom